Does This Look Like I Have Symmastia. I'm 7 Weeks Pot Op and I'm Freaking Out? (photo)

I'm 5'4 and weight 105. Have 3 kids and had always been flat chested. 400Cc on each side. Negative 32A to a full C

Not Symmastia After Breast Augmentation

You definitely don't have symmastia and are unlikely to develop it at this point. There still remains a visible attached segment of skin between the breast mounds on the sternum This is the amount of cleavage that many breast augmentation patients want to achieve and cannot because of the spacing between their breasts.

Symmastia, Yes or No?

Symmastia occurs when there is significant blunting at the center or midline of the chest due to over dissection of the inner portion of the breasts. Good news! Based on your photos, you do not have symmastia!

Thanks for your question and photos. Best wishes!

Gregory Park, MD

Symmastia after Breast Augmentation?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

No, I do not think that you have developed symmastia.  If you do feel a lot of pressure in the cleavage area, see if your plastic surgeon recommends the use of a "thong" bra  for additional support.

7 Weeks Post Op & About Symmastia

Symmastia is a condition which can occur when the implants are too close together. Patients often refer to this as a “uniboob.” Occasionally, the space or pocket for the breast implant is created towards the center, or the tissue stretches, forcing  the implants to fall too much towards the center of the breasts. Currently, you do not appear to have #symmastia. Also, it is still quite early into your post-op healing stage. Therefore, what you may be experience is swelling which can be mistaken as symmastia.  If you are not satisfied with your #final #results or if there are any concerns, it's best to consult with your plastic surgeon to further discuss your #options.

7 Weeks Postop and Symmastia?

At 7 weeks, swelling has resolved and, if you have a space between your breasts, you are unlikely to have symmastia.

Symmastia?

Good news:  you don't have symmastia.  You have a lovely result, with a nice cleavage and an attractive contour.  Congratulations!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Not Symmastia

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you have had an excellent result.  There is no evidence of symmastia as shown in your photos.  Your results should continue to be stable.  The narrow space between your breasts is a function of the size of the implants and your chest wall.   As long as you are happy with the size, you should do well.  Best wishes.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

The posted photos show NO symmastia. The definition is that there is a communication between the breast implant pocket or a uni breast. 

Symmastia

You do not have symmastia but you obviously have a very small distance between your breasts.  As long as the skin remains adherent to your breast bone between your breasts you should be fine and I suspect that after 7 weeks if you were going to develop symmastia it would have done so already.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

It does not appear that you have symmastia

Thank you for the question and photos.  Your photos do not show symmastia.  Your breast implants are very close in the midline (cleavage) but there does appear to be a distinct boundary.  

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD