Worried about final results, got 350 CC silicone implants (Photo)

3 days ago I had a BA with 350 Cc silicone implants. Before the procedure my doctor told me I didn't need a lift and placing the implants over the muscle would help me achieve a perkier look. Once the swelling goes down, do you think my results will be good?

Too early to tell

Honestly, it is just too early to tell anything about your final results. You are in the infancy of your recovery. Be patient. It can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Final results with silicone implants

So far, so good. The surgery was only a few days ago so it is probably too early to determine what your final result will be.
Give it some time and I think you will be pleased.

Joel M. Stewart, Jr., MD
Newnan Plastic Surgeon

You're looking good so far

Hi Eloise91. I agree with my colleagues who have already answered and I think you're doing just fine. You are still swollen and there is a lot of settling still to come with your new breasts. Gravity has work to do in this situation! Make sure to follow your surgeon's advice carefully in terms of post operative support with a garment or bra. Has there been any direction on a garment or band to push the breasts down a bit? If not, it might be useful to ask about that as it can help to ensure that the upper pole of each breast is as symmetric as possible (perfect symmetry is not a realistic expectation). Best of luck!

John Curran, MCh FRCSI (Plast)
Ireland Plastic Surgeon

3 days after surgery is too soon

Congratulations on your new look.  At this point you look fine, but it is very difficult if not impossible to assess your final result based 3 days.  It will take several months for the implants to soften and settle.  

Breast Augmentation Post Op

Thank you for your question and photos. You´re still on the recovey process. 3 days post-op of your surgery is too early to see the results you would like to obtain. The swelling would start going down with every week that passes by. I recommend you wait for at least 3 months for the healing process to complete. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

At 3 days it is way too early to judge final outcome. It looks like you are currently doing very well and still swollen. I would take the advice of your plastic surgeon and do any massage or garment that he or she suggests. I would give it at least another 4 months before you make any judgment on the final outcome.

Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmtery

Thanks for your question and photos.

You are very early in your recovery process.  As the implants settle and swelling decrease, the overall cosmetic outcome will improve.
You did have some mild asymmetry between breasts; you will continue to have some degree of asymmetry after the surgery.
Good luck with your continued recovery.

Wait a little longer to see your true results

Your photo was taken in the very early healing stages after surgery. Breast implants need time to settle into place (and one may settle at a different rate than the other) and the skin needs time to adapt to the new volume of your breast. After a few weeks, you should have a much better idea of how your results are shaping up, and you should start to see the finalized results after several weeks. Although it can be difficult after surgery, try to remain patient with your healing breasts, and make sure you go to your scheduled follow-up appointments. Best wishes!

Adam L. Basner, MD

Welcome to Celebrities Choice Cosmetic Surgery! It was great meeting you! We are pleased that you came to us and that we h

3 days is still very early post-operatively to judge final outcome. You need to give it few months for  implants to settle, swelling to subside. Keep in mind though- that you started with asymmetry pre-operatively and it will likely not go away completely- but still be patient and give it time to heal

Early Asymmetry

In my opinion, you are in the very early stages of healing and any degree of swelling or increased tension in one pectoralis muscle or the other can account for any small difference that you might see. I recommend you wait at least three months before you can be critical about the result. Your early postop result based on your pre-op photos looks very good to me and I think you're well on your way to a nice result. Congratulations on your surgery and good luck on your further recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS