It's been 3 weeks since my surgery, I got 460cc xhp can I go get fitted for a bra yet? Or should I still expect changes?

Post op breast augmentation

it is much to soon to get fitted for a bra. Your breasts will change over the next 8-12 months. You can buy a cheap bra but no underwire in the meantime.

Bra after surgery

best to use sports bra early on after breast augmentation surgery. After 3 weeks go have fun get fitted for a bra, enjoy your new look. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Bra Sizing Post Op

I advise my patients to avoid underwire and wear the post op surgical bra which I supply for 8 weeks post op. My patients typically find that for at least two months the breasts are firm and high, making bra sizing difficult. I recommend that you wait until your breasts have dropped & Fluffed to go bra shopping.

All the best

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Too Early

It's too early and you will continue to drop and fluff for months to come. Follow up with your surgeon to be sure.
Best.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Can I wear a bra yet?

Without seeing photos it is hard to tell.  You should have a follow up appt with your surgeon to inform you what you can and can't do at this point along with when to get fitted for bras.  Typically in my practice I send my patients out at three weeks to get fitted but I would consult with your surgeon. 

It's been three weeks since surgery, can I get fitted for a bra yet?

Thank you for your excellent question.  Without photographs it is difficult to offer definite advice, but based on your implant size I would tell most patients in your situation to hold off at least a few more weeks, or possibly months, before spending money on an expensive bra.  Some patients see continued, subtle changes in appearance for up to six months after surgery.  Talk to your surgeon, they are your best source of advice as they know your healing progress.   

When to buy a nice bra after a Breast Augmentation

Hi Dolly,

Thanks for your question. I tell my patients it depends on how their implants have settled and how much swelling they currently have and if the incision was at the breast fold or not. All these factors play a role in buying your new bra size. You can easily try them out and see what is comfortable and then go back in 3 weeks and reassess. You may not see differences so then you will likely be ok. Good Luck! 

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@bras @breastaugmentation @docmata #drcarlosmata

Post op bra fitting

Congratulations on your recent surgery.

I usually recommend that patients wait a minimum of 6 weeks and sometimes longer before getting fitted for a bra. Implants settle and round out and this can affect how a bra fits you. What seems right at 3 weeks may not be as comfortable as the implants settle into place.

Also be very careful about new bras. Sometimes they have lace, underwire, or elastic that can rub and irritate a new scar.

Good luck!

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon

When to get fitted for a bra after breast augmentation

There are a number of factors I use as guides when deciding the preoperative time for new bras.
1. How large an implant did we use?
2. How tight was the skin?
3. How many cup sizes did we increase?

Most importantly, have the implants "settled" yet?  The swelling from surgery is usually better after two weeks or so, but the implant may still be high and tight for 3 months if the implant was larger, the skin was tight, or the size increase was more than a cup or so.  I advise patients with larger implants to begin shopping for new bras at 2-3 weeks for practical purposes, but purchase only a few and inexpensive bras.  It is not likely that the bras they buy at 2-3 weeks will fit well after 3 months.

Samuel Beran, MD