When can I wear a regular bra and at least run?

I had my implants removed after 2 weeks of having them I developed a serious hemotoma. I realized implants werent for me. Im 20 years old. My pa isnt very kind after the surgery i wasnt fully of anastiea and she made me get out unless I paid her 250 to stay longer.When can I wear a regular bra and atleast run? Pushups situps? I had 325 cc under the muscle . Will my breast look the same?My main concern is being able to exercise like I used to because I am returning to active duty in the army soon

Implants removed - when can I run?

Thank you for your question about your breast implant removal.

• I am really sorry you had a hematoma.
  • I am sorry you felt poorly treated afterwards - the additional cost should have been explained in advance.
  • After a hematoma, I would not want you running for a full month after surgery and then, only with a snug sports bra and if you have no discomfort.
  • But the best person to ask is your own surgeon - since he knows the problems you encountered
  • Because you had standard sized implants and had them removed soon, chances are you will look much the same as before. 
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your hematoma issues after surgery.  Since your implants were not in for long, and because you are young, you can anticipate your breast appearance to return to your pre-surgery appearance.  Though I would continue to wear a supportive garment you should be able to start light cardio activity with little risk.  I tell my patients to slowly increase their intensity each week, allowing your pain or swelling to limit you.  Hope this helps.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to specific advice but I would suggest that you allow yourself a period of two weeks of rest before you increase your activity level. It may be 4 to 6 weeks before you return to running and strenuous exercise. Best wishes.

This sounds like a very unprofessional experience and I apologize for the care you received in California.  My hopes is that at minimum you were cared for by a board certified Plastic Surgeon.  Should you have been my patient I would have evacuated your hematoma ensuring it was completely washed out placed you on antibiotics and applied compression in the form of tensors to ensure the space created by the implants re-adheres to your chest wall.  Hopefully as your implants were in for such a short period of time the elasticity in your skin recoils without creating too much of a deformity however that cannot be guaranteed even after only 2 weeks.  I would refrain from all running or pushups for a minimum of 3-4 weeks and until re-assesed by your plastic surgeon.

Warm regards,
Dr Quinton Chivers