Which type of liposuction is best for retaining skin elasticity? For outer and inner thighs with stretch marks.

I am interested in getting liposuction on my outer and inner thighs, especially the saddlebag on one side, which is significantly bigger than the other. I am concerned about losing skin elasticity because I have stretch marks on my outer thighs. Which type of liposuction would you recommend to prevent that?

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ BBL

I appreciate your question.

I specialize in Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture and Body Contouring procedures.  I would recommend Vaser due to its skin contracture component.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Precision Liposculpting

The most important way to obtain a good result is to choose a good surgeon. It's really all about how the fat is removed. Tiny cannulas with small holes hooked up to gentle suction on a powered device held by the hands of an experienced liposuction specialist. Radiofrequency skin tightening during the healing phase can take it to the next level.

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Best liposuction for retaining skin elasticity

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Here is the problem - if the area has stretch marks, you have already lost skin elasticity.
  • No liposuction machine can repair that skin.
  • Liposuction may work out fine if done very carefully and not too much fat is removed. 
  • So the best approach is to consult a plastic surgeon to find out if liposuction is appropriate for you and if so, if the problematic fat can be removed without skin loosening.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... Actually if you already have much skin elasticity, every type of lipo will make your skin even more saggy. So i suggest yo that if you have extra skin in different areas, consider to have a lift done to prevent sagginess.. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Although recommendations for various devices might be made, the simple truth is there is no device that has been scientifically shown to be superior to liposuction alone; not laser, Vaser, ultrasound, or RF. What is more important than the device is the surgeon's training, experience, and skill. Please visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons for a consultation.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Skin Laxity Solution--VASER Hi Def Liposuction, RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra), Shock Therapy Cellutone/zwave

The best way to do this is a combination. I recommend VASER Hi Def liposuction with RF treatments after VASER in order to address skin tightening. I suggest RF treatments like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish 2 and shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/zwave for skin tightening and skin appearance. See a body contouring expert for best results. Best, Dr. Emer

Which type of liposuction is best for retaining skin elasticity?

I think you may have a misunderstanding of what liposuction does. It simply removes fat and has no ability to affect the composition of your skin, such as elasticity, no matter what variety of liposuction is performed. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Liposuction and laxity

Liposuction can be a great way to reduce fat on the inner and outer thighs.  In patients with significant laxity or stretch marks, care must be taken to not oversuction the areas treated leading to potentially more laxity.  Subcutaneous devices like cellulaze, vaser, or thermi can help with skin tightening when used in conjunction with liposuctions in some patients.   Make sure to seek out an expert to be evaluated and discuss your concerns and expectations.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon