What type of liposuction could be better for me?

I would love to have an hour glass shape is it possible for me to achieve that? I don't have much loose skin and I wouldn't want to get a tummy tuck. I have 3 daughters and won't be having anymore kids. I'm 4'11 and currently weight 128

Lipo with Great Results

The most important part of this decision is to find a plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience with liposculpting, is able to demonstrate really nice before and after photos, and has good reviews related to liposuction. In my opinion the most natural smooth results come from the tumescent technique, power-assisted lipo devices with microcannulas, utilizing a laser or ultrasound to melt the fat and heat the skin, multiple positions during the case, and avoiding general anesthesia to name some. It's best to have a few consultations until you find the right Doctor for you. 

Yours is a common concern.  Unfortunately, it would not be possible to correctly answer this question without an in-person exam by a board certified plastic surgeon or at minimum a photograph.  I see many women who have minimal loose skin after pregnancy but are in need of abdominal muscle repair with or without liposuction.  Most women after multiple pregnancies have some degree of muscle separation and without fixing this, will never have a flat abdomen.  There are a lot of gimmicks out there when it comes to liposuction so you need to make sure you are properly assessed by board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options in more detail.  Best of luck!

Michael Brucker, MD

Liposuction for Hour Glass Shape

Thanks for your question.  The best candidates for liposuction are patients who have good skin tone, and an hour glass shape can be achieved in these patients.  However, after having three children, there is usually some muscle laxity in the abdomen and the only way to tighten this laxity is through a tummy tuck.  An in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to determine which option would work best to help you reach your goals.  Hope this helps...best of luck!Joyce Chen, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Please consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Dr derby

if you have had 3 chilsdren it is very likely to have stretched muscles and it is difficult to get the results you would like without a TT. The combination is a tummy tuck together with a lipo all around. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Liposuction - can I get an hour-glass shape?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I know you don't want a tummy tuck but here's the issue -
  • You have had 3 children and in profile,;your muscles look really stretched.
  • You have a sway back - usually caused by loss of muscle support after pregnancy.
  • Liposuction almost certainly cannot correct the appearance of your tummy - a tummy tuck is needed.
  • To be sure this is correct, please have a consultation with a plastic surgeon -
  • I would hate you to spend money on liposuction and be disappointed. If you decide just on liposuction, then it's important to have realistic expectation.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

VASER-Lipo of trunk

Reviewed your photos and feel you would be a candidate for VASER Lipo of your trunk.  The recommendation is for circumferential Lipo (front, sides and back) in order to obtain the most harmonious result.  Your hips, flanks and back should do quite well and you should expect a good result on your waistline, however your anterior lower abdomen may not tolerate extremely aggressive lipo, even with the VASER which has a slight tightening effect on skin .  You should obtain a reasonable improvement on the lower abdomen but a completely flat abdomen is unlikely to happen without creating some loose abdominal skin and you never want to trade fat for loose skin!  If your expectations are reasonable regarding the abdomen, you may very well obtain significant overall results, with a good waistline and a more athletic torso.  Consider a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in body contouring with the VASER and always choose an accredited surgical facility for your operation.