Tummy tuck; is it okay to walk straight?

I'm 30 days on Wednesday 20th, I've noticed that I'm walking a bit more straight. Is it ok, or do I still have to walk hunched over?

When can I stand up straight after a tummy tuck?

Congrats on your surgery! After thirty days you should be fine to stand up as a lot of the healing has already occurred. If it feels way to tight, however, then ease into it the next week or so. Best of luck. 

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Walking straight after a tummy tuck

Your comfort in walking straight is usually a function of how much skin was removed and how tight the final result is.  It is not advisable to stretch the skin prematurely, or the wound can have issues.
For very aggressive surgeries, patients are hunched for a longer period of time.
Talk to the doctor who performed the surgery about these concerns.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Walking Straight?

After a month you should be fine to walk straight as best as possible.  At this point everything should be healing fine and be able to tolerate the extra tension from standing up straight.  I hope this helps.

Post op abdominoplasty

always consult your plastic surgeon to be sure. My patients usually are able to stand up straight by 2 weeks. It depends how you feel. Just don't strain yourself and you should be fine.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Walking after tummy tucks

do not require you hunch over unless its pulling on your tummy.  Most of my patients can walk straight upright 2 days post-op as I am not known for the tightest in the county but also I also do not have the most complications.  If you can stand straight up without excess tension across your incision, you can walk anyway you want.

Curtis Wong, MD

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. Always best to run these types of questions by your plastic surgeon who knows exactly what was done, how you are progressing, and is ultimately responsible for your care. You will find that every practice has a different "protocol". Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for their patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon