Why is there a sudden change in my eye size and cheekbone? (photo)

I just noticed this a few months ago. I've never had any facial asymmetry before. I have experienced a trauma related to my eye region a couple of years ago. I'm wondering how this can be corrected?

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question. Asymmetry is natural in human facial anatomy. There will always been asymmetry among the facial features. Trauma certainly could have caused your asymmetry, which can be addressed through a blepharoplasty or fillers. Fillers may be the better option at the outset because they are temporary and less invasive. For a more complete answer and in-person examination, I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sunken eye from previous trauma ?

It is impossible to find out what's going on from the photo you have submitted.  Previous trauma can cause orbital fracture and resultant sunken eye. You should see an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation. See following link too.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Why is there a sudden change in my eye size and cheekbone?

sofi91,

Everyone has some asymmetry. We are born with it. And it can develop as we grow. Trauma can produce asymmetry as well. Asymmetry is more than what you seen from a front view of the face. I recommend a consultation so a doctor can ask you questions about your trauma, examine you, and perform a photoanalysis. I like to use 3D computer simulation software to get on the same page as my patients. Once I understand my patient's priorities and goals, we can discuss a treatment plan appropriate for your face. It would be a tailored combination of techniques (Botox, fillers, minor procedures, or surgery) to produce a safe and natural appearing result. Safety comes first.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon