Looking for best solution to get rid of belly pouch after 2 babies & 60 lbs weight loss. (Photo)

I'm 5'-8 140 lbs, work out at least 3 times a week & eat very clean (most of the time). I have had 2 babies in the past 4 years & 60lbs. weight loss. What would be the best route to go to get rid of my pouch? Lipo, cool lipo, mini tummy tuck or something else? Thanks in advance.

Tummy Tuck for Complete Results

Although it's difficult to make a certain recommendation without an in-person consultation, it sounds like you're a good candidate for a full tummy tuck. The "belly pouch" you describe is typically composed of excess skin, which unfortunately can't be effectively treated with liposuction alone. A tummy tuck can also repair and strengthen your abdominal muscles, which have likely weakened due to pregnancy. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon near you to learn more.

Idaho Falls Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - Need a tummy tuck also

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos provided, it appears you are a candidate for a full tummy tuck. The lower abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening will give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. This will give you the flat stomach you desire. Liposuction of the flanks and hips will further improve your contour. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination and to discuss the specific details of the procedure. Ask to see before and after tummy tuck photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Good luck!

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

your best results would be with both liposuction and skin removal at the same time giving a hi definition contouring look.  not only would you get fat removal but you would also get definition and shape/contouring.  liposuction alone will give some improvement but you will still have some looseness.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Body Contouring: Information

Dear Ms. Jennyencinas,

Thank you for your story, questions and questions. Unfortunately without a examination I can advise you in general terms, however I hope you will find them helpful.

"Best" is difficult to determine and depends on a personal exam and discussion
of the benefits and the limitations of the particular technology.

For clarification body contouring (by fat reduction) can be divided into three major categories:
I. Non surgical fat reduction
There are various technologies that are non surgical and they include but are not limited to:
1) ultrasound (Ultrashape)
2) freezing (Coolsculpt)
3) Radio Frequency (RF)
Topical (Vellashape III, Thermi Smooth)
Injectable (Thermi Tight)
4) injectable (Kybella)
5) topical laser (Zerona)
I personally use Ultrashape , Vellashape III, Thermi, Kybella for those patients who after discussion would like a non surgical alternative. Depending on the anatomical area and
only after clear and realistic expectations will we proceed.

II. Liposuction
Lipo suction is the "Gold Standard" for fat removal of diet rest ant fat There are various types, including but not limited to:
Liposuction
1)suction asst. Liposuction (SAL)
2) ultrasonic asst. liposuction (UAL)
3) power asst. liposuction (PAL)
4) laser asst. liposuction (LAL)
5) water asst. liposuction (WAL)
They are all effective and are secondary to the experience of the Plastic Surgeon with the particular liposuction technology.
In addition to liposculpting many of us have added non surgical methods "to shrink skin"
after liposculpture using Radio Frequency(RF)devices. Two such devices I personally
use are Vellashape III and Thermi Tight.

III Abdominoplasty
There are four types of abdominoplasties. A-C All have horizontal
incisions and D has a significant vertical compotent.
A) mini- muscle tightened below umbilicus to pubic bone
B) standard- muscle tightened from breast bone to pubic bone
C) extended as in standard but incision longer to excise excess skin/fat in outer thigh
area
D) fleur de lis- same as standard but in addtion excess skin/fat excised in a vertical
direction

Each of the above categories (and the various sub groups) have their benefits and limitations and need a personal examination and discussion with a experienced
Plastic Surgeon who utilizes both categories.

Based solely on your story and photos I believe your "best" choice is a standard abdominoplasty with flank liposuction.

I recommend that you make several consultative appointments with Plastic Surgeons who are experienced and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition ideally they are members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

I wish you my best and success,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

#bellypouch after 2 babies

Your posted photos show moderate excess skin and fat above as well as below the belly button level. All the options you mentioned are valid except the mini-tummy tuck because that only addresses tissue below the belly button while leaving you with a long scar. If you want to go the route of surgery you would be better off with a full tummy tuck because it also addresses tissue above the belly button level with virtually the same skin scar footprint. Out of the remaining options the best one will be the one can afford to pay for and recover from that gives you a result you can live with. That cannot be discerned in this format and is why you need to visit with a qualified surgeon face to face in order to make an informed choice.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Fit Belly After Baby (photos)?

None of the above, in my opinion.  Your combination of weight loss and post-partum abdominal wall relaxation are most effectively improved by abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).  

Liposuction addresses fat only, but this is not your major problem;  you lost most of your extra fat yourself. Mini tummy tuck is a limited localized approach that wouldn't treat your entire abdominal aesthetic unit, but your entire abdominal wall appears affected.

Steve Laverson, MD

Outcome is in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

You will be a good candidate for any of the above mentioned procedures. The selection depends on the outcome that you are expecting and how much time you are willing to have time off. 

tummy tuck will give you the best result, in the less time, with the longest recovery time.
Smart lipo will be very good, 4-6 weeks time, with moderate recovery.
Sculpsure will be good, may be multiple procedures, results in 6 to 12 weeks and NO time down. 

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Abdominal contouring after pregnancy

Great question and thanks for the photos.  I think it always best to start with a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area so they can examine you and go over your options, but in general some combination of a tummy tuck with liposuction is often a great option in this scenario.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Solution for Belly Pouch After Babies?

Congratulations on your weight loss, and obvious commitment to a healthy lifestyle. Although CoolSculpting
and Liposuction  have their place, neither is usually effective alone to correct all of the changes from
pregnancy with large volume weight loss.  We almost always have to address skin laxity and muscle mal-
position to obtain a firm, flat tummy. This means a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) with or without lipo-
suction. I recommend an in-person examination/complete consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area
to obtain more information. Thanks for your question.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Looking for best solution to get rid of belly pouch after 2 babies & 60 lbs weight loss.

Congratulations on your successful weight loss.  Based on your photos, less invasive procedures such as Cool Sculpting are not likely to give you any improvement. You could expect about 25 to 30% improvement with conservative liposuction alone but overly aggressive liposuction in areas with loss of skin elasticity can cause contour abnormalities and increased crepiness.  Your best option would likely be a combination of liposuction and abdominoplasty to repair the muscle separation after pregnancy.  Without repair of your muscle, you will always have an outward bulge of your abdomen.  Always be sure to consult only with board certified plastic surgeons in-person to discuss your best options in more detail.  Best of luck.

Michael Brucker, MD