Smart lipo on my abs and love handles. I would like get rid of the fat and create a waistline. (photos)

My only concern is if I will see a change and the anesthesia. I am afraid of general anesthesia. Is this procedure possible to do with twilight sleep- sedation or under local instead of General?or general would be safer?

Smart Lipo

Smart lipo can be done under local anesthetic, so no need to be worried about general anesthesia. Many patients are back to work within days and have a quick recovery. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best of luck!

Reading Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction candidate

Liposuction under general anesthesia should definitely address the problem. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo

Hello! Thanks for your question.

Based on the information you provided, I would recommend SmartLipo due to the light/local anesthesia required to perform such a procedure. Whenever possible, I try to avoid general anesthesia when it's not essential to the procedure.

As always - consult a local physician for more information. 

In good health,

Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to learn more about SculpSure. SculpSure is the most effective procedure in eliminating the stubborn subcutaneous fat that tends to resist diet and exercise. In a comfortable in-office 25-minute treatment, patients of SculpSure can experience up to a 25% reduction in belly fat. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

I do ALL of my Smartlipo cases with just local anesthetic and oral sedation. i never use GA

one of the things that i love about Smartlipo is my ability to avoid general anesthesia and the risks associated with it (and the additional costs). I have done over 630 Smartlipo cases in my office just using local anesthesia and frequently (but not always) oral sedation. you can return to work the next day.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo® for abdomen and love handles

Dear Htub,

Thank you for your pictures.  In my opinion, you appear to be a good candidate for Smartlipo®.  Smartlipo® can be performed with IV sedation (twilight) or local anesthetic (tumescent fluid).  

Best wishes

SmartLipo or body contouring

Thanks for your question and photos. You will see a change with SmartLipo but unsure how much change as you are relatively lean. You may want to consider body contouring which can be done non-invasively with no down time. Please consult with a specialist. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Smart Lipo

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You do appear to be a good candidate for Smartlipo. Smartlipo is a more effective and minimally invasive alternative to traditional liposuction.  SmartLipo loosens then removes fat and tightens the overlying skin, reducing bulges of fat while simultaneously toning the body. It also offers tissue retraction through soft tissue coagulation, reliable, controlled energy delivery, reduced liposuction procedure time and patient downtime, less bleeding and bruising than traditional liposuction and high-definition body sculpting capabilities. Smartlipo also delivers precision and versatility with wavelengths that are ideal for smaller and larger fat deposits, tissue retraction, fibrous areas, or secondary liposuction cases. This procedure can be done under a twilight sedation or general anesthesia. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo

You look to be in very good shape and are an ideal candidate for liposuction.  I do this in my office all the time with a mild oral sedative- like Xanax, and local anesthesia.  I only put my patients who are very anxious under a twilight or general anesthetic.

Another great option for you is SculptSure.  It uses external lasers to heat up and kill the subdermal fat.  Treatments take 25 minutes and permanently reduce the fat.  Not quite as aggressive as liposuction, but you again would be an ideal candidate.  

Dr. Powell

Scott Powell, MD
Denton General Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring -- FEMALE 4D HD Liposuction

I suggest only seeing an expert in body shaping / 4D VASER contouring.  This procedure will get rid of fat, tighten skin, reposition fat, and improve cellulite.  Best, Dr. Emer.