Revision Work Fat Grafting Face-Lift.

I had a facial fat removed 4 months ago. A "quick, simple procedure”, one that I would recover from within 1-2 weeks. It took 3 ½ months. I look gaunt with dull, hanging skin and appear 10 years older. The surgeon offered to fix it. I consulted with 3 other surgeons who tell me far too much fat was removed and that I need a face-lift and fat grafting. This has hurt my whole life. Also, I was not financially prepared. I am not comfortable (am terrified), having the original surgeon operate.

If your original surgeon understands your concerns and has the competence to improve your results, then maybe going with him for the revision is a good choice.  You need to ask him these questions.  You should even offer to go with another surgeon and see if he agrees or not.  It would be better to stay with him for financial reasons as he may do the revision pro bono, but not if he does not feel comfortable treating you.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Face lift and fat grafting - needed after facial liposuction

Thank you for asking about your face lift and fat grafting.
  • I am so sorry you have had this experience -
  • Facial (and opposed to neck) liposuction is not a procedure that I use for the reasons you have experienced.
  • The surgeon who did this to you will probably give you the best fee - but a low fee does not compensate you for being terrified of having this surgeon re-operate on you.
  • Personally, I would save the money and go elsewhere.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Fat transfer to face

removing fat from the face without performing a facelift at the same time often leads to disappointing results.  You probably will get significant correction from a face lift.  Fat grafting may or may not also be helpful, the the facelift will help you most of all.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Fat removal and facelift

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry to hear about your situation... it definitely seems like you need to meet with some other surgeons to have a better sense of what is possible or needed. In general, I remove very little fat when doing surgery for the aging face. This includes the eyelids as well as the face and neck. The exception would be in the rare patient who has excessive fat that is immediately under the chin. The facial fat is necessary for a youthful look, and the fat that causes the nasolabial folds and jowls is actually helpful in restoring a youthful contour of the cheeks if the face is lifted in the correct plane. Best of luck and take care.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Work Fat Grafting Face-Lift.

Without good pre-operative and after photos and some key questions answered it is impossible to comment. Depending on your situation fat transfer may be all that is needed. Perhaps ThermiTight will work instead of a facelift unless there is a lot of sagging skin, then a lift procedure is needed. Fat transfer will often give a superior result when combined with either of the aforementioned procedures. Please see link for some examples.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Work Fat Grafting Face-Lift

Thank you for the question and sorry to learn about you experience. It is a difficult decision to take. I think the first step is you should decide if you will stay with your surgeon or not. If there is a confidence issue then the best way forward is to have another surgeon perform the surgery.  Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Too much fat removed

I personally rarely remove fat from the neck and almost never remove fat from a face. I would need to see photos to give you a recommendation, but additional volume via fat grafting may be your best option. I understand your concern about going back to the original surgeon. That is something you will have to decide since you have the relationship with them. Unless you get a refund from the first surgeon, I also understand your financial condition will be difficult. I definitely recommend you at least sit down with your surgeon and discuss your concerns. I wish you the best.Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Rejuvenation SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation

Sorry for your current issues. It sounds like you need to be seen by another surgeon. Go for a few consultations and then decide. Best of luck.

Revision Work Fat Grafting Face-Lift

I've been doing fat grafting for 25 years.  You need an in person visit with someone and you need to bring pre operative pictures, preferably not smiling. You may or not need a facelift. So sorry.   

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Revision Work Fat Grafting Face-Lift.

It is not possible to comment on what surgical procedures wight be best to help you without photos or an exam. But I definitely agree you should be seeing another surgeon. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD