How soon can a revision surgery take place if you're not using the same incision site? (Photo)

I had breast tissue excision under both armpits in April. The surgical cut was upper horizontal. The surgeon took out 1/4 breast tissue leaving 3/4. If the revision surgery cut vertical instead of using the existing incision how soon could I get the rest renoved? Insurance covered the 1st surgery and they said they'll cover this surgery too. I'm hoping to get it done before the new year cause I've met my deductible. I paid cash for a breast reduction which was done at the same as the armpits.

Scar revision

Based on your photos, it looks like you just need the ends of the incision revised so the skin lays smooth with your arm down.  I generally have patients wait at least 6 months after their initial surgery before performing any scar revision.  I would definitely recommend following the same incison you currently have rather than adding a vertical incision.  Good luck,  Dr. Luong

Edina Plastic Surgeon

Axillary Breast Tissue

Hello,Your complaints are primarily cosmetic, which is why you show us photos, which indicates skin laxity and fullness that would not be improved with a perpendicularly oriented excision to your original excision.  That is to say, you still have skin laxity and fullness that is horizontally oriented.  Because this is cosmetic, I do not think this should be payed for by medical insurance. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS