Are my results from breast lift with implants desirable? (Photos)

I am 6 months post op from a mastopexy on the right breast 325cc implant and a 415cc on the left. HP silicon under muscle. My breasts were very uneven before and my rib cage is much more pronounced on the right side. I love the left breast but the right breast has dropped a lot more and has moved outward and falls to the side when I lay down. My question is: are my results desirable? Or should I consider tightening the pocket on the right to move it more inward?

Breast Lift and Implant Results

Hello and thank you for sharing your questions and photos on RealSelf.com.

In my opinion, you have a very nice result.  Your breasts are not perfectly symmetrical but they were not the same before surgery as well.  It seems you have some stretching of the skin on the right breast between nipple and crease.  That is quite common after a lift and is easily fixed with a simple in-office procedure.  Also, I do see that the right implant does go to the side when lying down.  That is also somewhat common as it is one of the three problems a woman can have with implants (the other two are rupture and capsular contracture).  

Both of your problems are secondary to thin tissues which is the exact reason why a lift was required.  Tightening the pocket is an option if the implant shift bothers you.  That procedure is usually done at a surgical center under more sterile conditions.

Overall, a good result.  Both issues do happen and are treatable.

Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant with lift

It is very difficult to determine the best lift if any you will need or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants:

#breastimplant
#breastaugmentation
#breastliftwithimplants

Are my results from breast lift with implants desirable?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Asymmetrical Breasts

If patient is asymmetric before, representing 60% of patients presenting for breast procedure, there will usually be some asymmetry after.  In my experience the skin envelops of the asymmetric beast are not only quantitatively different, i.e. different amounts, but qualitatively different, i.e. the skin stretches differently. Fortunately you recognize the reasons contributing to your post-op asymmetry. Resection of skin from the inferior pole of the right breast should improve your asymmetry.  Make your concerns known to your surgeon. Regards, Dr. Joseph l. Kiener