Is it regular to start feeling discomfort 4 months post op ?

I got a breast augmentation 4 months ago, I've been feeling discomfort on both breasts quite often this month I didn't have it before, could it be that they're soar and I have more feeling now and most anesthetic is wore off ? Or is it something I should be concerned about

Post op breast augmentation

perhaps your breast pain is due to your level of activity. Your breasts are still healing and increased activity can lead to soreness in this area particularly if the implants were placed under the muscle. Always consult your plastic surgeon to be sure.

Breast Pain after Breast Augmentation

Hi AOrtiz,
Thanks for your question. It is rare for pain to occur out of the blue but may be due to muscle spasms from exercise or vigorous activity. It may the start of a capsular contracture or the implants becoming hard. I would recommend being seen by your plastic surgeon just to make sure nothing "bad" is going on. But it may nothing more than soreness that will resolve on its own. Massaging the breast like you did with your breast massaging that is done when implants are place would help. But if not then you may look up how to massage your implants. Good Luck!   All the best, Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS @breastpain @breastaugmentation facebook @breastdoctor twitter @docmata instagram #drcarlosmata Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Discomfort 4 months post op

Thank you for your question.  Breast soreness that was not there before would best be discussed with your PS for an in-person examination.  Best of luck.

Discomfort at four months post-op

Hello and thank you for your question.
This far into your healing process I am surprised you say that discomfort has only just started in this fourth month. 
Having a photo to examine would help tremendously, it would allow us to know if you are having discomfort from something abnormal, or we could see that your breasts are doing great and give you advice on what the discomfort could be based on that information. You don't say that the pain is too bad - just uncomfortable - it absolutely could be that they are sore from the implants not settling yet, or possibly sore from the nerves in your chest growing back after the surgery. 

I suggest seeing your plastic surgeon for an accurate in-person exam and precise answers to your questions - better safe than sorry!

Best wishes

Traci Temmen, MD 

Traci Temmen, MD

Feeling  more discomfort at 4 months could be related to your breast tissue or implants. I would suggest letting your plastic surgeon examine you and make sure you are healing well.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Late Post Op Pain

The anesthesia wears off within the day of your surgery. One of the most common causes of pain is due to increased activity and heavy work or exercise. A 10 day trial of Ibuprofen (with food) - 600 mg morning, afternoon and night, coupled with massage, may help your discomfort. Late post-operative pain can be caused by large implant and tissue stretch. If these other modalities don't help, then physical therapy may help. Most of all, you should see your surgeon about this. Best of luck to you.

Dell Smith, MD
Twin Falls Plastic Surgeon