What would be the reasoning why my surgeon only put 290cc Sillicone? Wanted to be a C cup. (photos)

Would revision cause complications? My prev breasts were completely flat w/ tuberous arreola & nipple due to the distance from nipple to inframammory fold we went with over the muscle placement also had enough tissue. Itold my surgeon Iwanted to be a Ccup but he said 290cc would be good to start with & later revise. For peace of mind I am wondering why we weren't able to go larger the first surgery? Would Ihave had complications or would it not fit properly? Picture is today 8 days post op, wish they were way bigger love the work!

Post op breast augmentation

you should ask your surgeon why he/she did not go larger. Usually this is because of the tight skin envelope. 

Larger implant

You look great.  Sounds like you had a good PS who picked the implant that matched your BWD and was appropriate for your breast.  As the tissue relaxes you may be able to go bigger but if you have a nice shaped breast you may not want to go bigger for the sake of being bigger.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Stop fussing post op

you had completely flat breasts and tuberous giant areola? You look amazing! Let it heal, for one, and it's definitely it's in the c range. Too big implants will stretch out your areolae again. Apologize to your PS! And ladies, let's not pick on ourselves post op, these things take a while to heal and its natural to doubt but attempt to suppress it don't post it!

Lisa Cassileth, MD, FACS

Tuberous Breast Are Too Small for Big Implants

Hello,As I mentioned in your previous post, you are lucky that your surgeon cared enough to account for your limited capacity for excessive implant volume, and performed what appears to be a well executed surgery. Let go of the concept of cup sizes to measure your breasts, and pay attention to your appearance in the mirror. You will continue to drop and fluff over the next 6 months, and you will look even better as time progresses. Be happy!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

C cup

You do indeed have a very nice result.  A larger implant may be an option for you moving forward, although I would advise you to wait 3-6 months before making that decision.  Size discrepancies can exist between surgeons and their patients and these issues are best resolved with good communication.Hope this helps.Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Flat tuberous breast attempting to achieve a C cup size.

Thanks for your question and photographs. At the outset I must say that your eight day postop photographs reflect in my opinion a nicely done surgery and your doctor should be congratulated.  During the procedure the potential skin and breast distensability is determined and test implants are applied to check contour and size.  If you have not had pregnancies and your skin is tight there is less potential during the first surgery and a more conservative sized implant will give you a natural appearance.  Waiting 12 to 18 months for your skin to relax may be an appropriate plan for you since going back for a second procedure affords much more potential for size increase without distortion.  Allow yourself 3 to 6 months to determine your size as your skin relaxes and your shape improves to determine whether you want to go ahead with the second stage.
Regards and best wishes.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

C Cup

Considering the tuberous configuration and the incisions around the areolae 290cc may have been the most that your surgeon was comfortable with and not risk wound healing problems.  The skin will stretch over time and the projection will improve.Thanks for your question.

James L. Moore, MD
Athens Plastic Surgeon

Breast size

Not sure of how or why that volume implant was chosen. In our practice a larger size implant placed under the muscle would be no problem. 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS