Rare zygomatic growth with Radiesse/Sculptra? I am 28 and was over injected and now seek help. (photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Radiesse - Sculptra injections cause aging look
Thank you for asking about your Radiesse-Sculptra injections.
- I am sorry this happened.
- I do not understand why someone injected you with both fillers in the same area.
- Radiesse typically begins to dissolve by nine months -
- Sculptra may take longer.
- However with so much injected in one area, you may have what is called a 'foreign body granuloma.'
- This is a reaction to the fillers that will not subside.
- I suggest you return to the doctor who injected you and ask for an ultrasound of the areas.
- If there is a localized 'tumor' (this does not mean cancer but a defined lump under the skin), then please see a plastic surgeon for further advice on how to manage it.
- Surgery should be a last resort but must be considered if such a granuloma has formed.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
I was over injected and now seek help
Radiesse and Sculptra Complications, Overinjection
You might also like...
Swelling after injection with fillers
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.