Rare zygomatic growth with Radiesse/Sculptra? I am 28 and was over injected and now seek help. (photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Radiesse - Sculptra injections cause aging look
Thank you for asking about your Radiesse-Sculptra injections.
- I am sorry this happened.
- I do not understand why someone injected you with both fillers in the same area.
- Radiesse typically begins to dissolve by nine months -
- Sculptra may take longer.
- However with so much injected in one area, you may have what is called a 'foreign body granuloma.'
- This is a reaction to the fillers that will not subside.
- I suggest you return to the doctor who injected you and ask for an ultrasound of the areas.
- If there is a localized 'tumor' (this does not mean cancer but a defined lump under the skin), then please see a plastic surgeon for further advice on how to manage it.
- Surgery should be a last resort but must be considered if such a granuloma has formed.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS