When will the pulling from a tummy tuck muscle repair stop? (Photo)

Hello again:) I am 2 weeks post op and my tummy tuck incision scar does NOT hurt at all. I feel like I can walk straight BUT my muscles still hurt when I try to stand up straight, it's really frustrating ! When will I begin to feel "normal" again. Thanks you

Post op pain

It is normal to feel tight, but the pain in the muscles does start to fade in the first few weeks.  You are probably getting close to that point.

Napa Plastic Surgeon

TT relief in tightness

The tightness of your tummy tuck muscles can last up to 2 years following surgery. Everybody is different and thus you just have to be patient; the more active you are, the quicker this will happen.

Arian Mowlavi, MD