What are the pros and cons of transferring fat from elsewhere in your body to your breasts?

Hello . I wanted to ask what are the pros and cons of transferring fat from elsewhere in body to my breast ? If I do it would I have to worry about the fat moving away from my breasts? I am a B cup and I want to enhance my breasts size . I don't know if I should get implants or body fat transfer Thank you very much

Best breast enhancement method

Whether you can use your own fat or need implants is determined by whether you have enough fat to donate; this will require a tally of your fat areas during your initial consultation.

Fat grafting or implants

The main issue is the amount of breast tissue you have and your expectations. Implants work better in patients that are more interested i the size. fat grafting is better options for patients that are more concerned about the shape and feel. Your pictures and pictures of the desired breast  would help  us to give you better answer. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer to Breasts

Thanks for the question. To get a details list of options and exam, see a qualified plastic surgeon before making any decisions.
In general, fat grafting to the breast is a natural alternative to implants. It allows for a modest increase in cup size (around 1/2 to 1 cup size increase) without the use of implants and the associated complications. It also has the added benefit of liposuction from another part of your body.

However, it has limitations due to the increase of size of breasts, reabsorption of fat, and lack of available fat.  Get a consultation to learn more about which options best fits your needs and body.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon