What procedure and areas will be best for me for fat reduction? (Photo)

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

What procedure and areas will be best for me for fat reduction?

I generally recommend that patients be within 15-20 lbs of their ideal weight for their height/age before undergoing elective surgery because post operative results will be much better.  One reason for this is that we carry some fat intra-abdominally (around your organs, under your abdominal muscles) and this type of fat cannot be removed via liposuction or abdominoplasty, only through weight loss.  If you are closer to your ideal weight beforehand you will also have the maximum tightening benefit that an abdominoplasty can accomplish.  Losing weight on your own first is important because in order to obtain long term, lasting results, a good diet and exercise regimen is mandatory.  When you are closer to your ideal weight, I would recommend that you see a few board certified plastic surgeons to know which procedures would best suit you.  Best of luck!

Michael Brucker, MD

Fat reduction - best procedures?

Thank you for asking about your fat reduction.
  • As you know, you are quite overweight.
  • The only procedure that will make a significant change will be liposuction
  • But it changes proportions - it is not for weight loss.
  • This means that unless you lose weight afterwards, fat returns to new areas.
  • To get your best result from liposuction, you should lose until you are within 10 pounds of your normal weight and then lose ten pounds afterwards.
  • Some people have liposuction to motivate them to lose weight -
  • It can work but often, the person loves the result but can't lose weight and ends up disappointed.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck -- WEIGHT LOSS AND 4D CONTOURING

based on your photos you need to lose weight first, and then consider a contouring procedure with BOTH liposuction and tumy tuck. You may even consider breast improvement/lifting as well to get the ultimate transformation.  This type of procedure requires an expert in 4D contouring VASER LIPO and full body transformations.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Best procedure for fat reduction

Hands down, your best result will be achieved by none other than YOURSELF, by overall reduction of your burdensome excess stored energy.  That energy (fat) is best removed NOT by surgery but by shifting your fuel partitioning into ketosis so you'll burn it off to meet your daily energy needs.  This weight loss can be accomplished in a few short weeks to months, depending on how much you want to lose.  Consider our 10 to 1 decision, at 10to1diet.fruitstreet.com.  You can do it from your own home, if you're committed.  Cost and risk much less than surgery, you'll feel and look GREAT.  Education is the best medication.

Steve Laverson, MD

What procedure and areas will be best for me for fat reduction? - Liposuction!

Hello Prettie23 - Thanks for your question.  If you are healthy and have a less than 30% above ideal body weight, you could possibly be a good candidate for liposuction to remove excess fat under your skin and reshape your trunk.  If you have had children, then you may also benefit from a tummy tuck to tighten loose muscle and get rid of excess skin.  Take a look at the link below for a picture of a recent patient of mine who had liposuction and a tummy tuck to rejuvenate her body after child birth.  I would recommend a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for a full exam and to come up with a surgical plan that fits your budget.  Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon