Looking at my pictures, do you think I can get away with non-invasive treatments to fix my loose skin? (photos)

I'm really not sure how I feel about a tummy tuck after reading so much about it here, so I'm looking into alternatives for now. I do have a csection scar already, that I feel is hardly noticeable, but the fat does stop there and tends to hang over the scar a bit. As I get skinnier, my skin gets more wrinkly, and it's just unsightly. Looking for any advice. Thanks :)

The best procedure for you

In my opinion you have to make a very important decision: What do you want for YOURSELF,  Do you want a perfect flat abdomen, tight skin, nice and sexy navel, tapered waist, and as a result an unnoticeable scar place very low on your abdomen. OR would you be OK with a wrinkly abdominal skin, loose muscle, no much definition of your waist, just a reduction on volume and no scar. Non invasive procedures will achieve only limited results.
You are boss on your body, but as experts, we know already you are a precious candidate for a Tummy Tuck and muscle  repair to achieve a super nice abdomen and shape. 
Be encouraged. 
Dr. Cardenas 

Non invasive skin tightening

Non surgical tightening of abdominal skin such as in your case is truly still wishful thinking.  Although there are machines that claim to tighten the skin, they really don't work at all. A real waste of money.  You really need a tummy tuck.  I know you want to avoid surgery, but non surgical approaches simply don't work.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Skin Tightening?

Based on your pictures, the appearance of the skin quality, because of the ant of stretch marks, I don't believe you will see the skin tightening results that you are looking for.  I do a lot of liposuction and I'm one of the plastic surgeons that does skin tightening "Superficial Liposuction" technique and even with the expertise I have in this area, I could not get the skin that appears in your pictures to tighten enough; at least in my opinion!

Non-operative vs Tummy Tuck

There are a multitude of "non-invasive" modalities on the market now for treatment of loose skin.  The "Holy Grail" of plastic surgery is finding one that actually works, reproducibly.  There are always before and after photos which are compelling, but in my experience often the results seen are like looking at the "Emperor's new clothes."  You want to see a difference, but you just don't.

A tummy tuck however, is a tried and true means of markedly improving your tummy skin excess, flattening the profile, getting rid of the overhang problem.  So, I would vote for that every time in a patient such as yourself.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Tummy Tuck or Not

Thank you for the great photos.  Judging by your photos you would be a great candidate for a tummy tuck procedure.  There really is no non-invasive procedure that would remove or tighten the loose skin that you have.  Also as you mentioned, as you lose more weight, the more loose the skin gets.  Your skin has lost its elasticity and there is not non-invasive procedure that can restore that.

It ultimately comes down to what you want to achieve.  You are obviously unhappy with the loose skin and the stretch marks but you have not come to terms yet with the scar that is part of a tummy tuck.  The tummy tuck incision can be as low as your C-section scar but it will have to be extended to achieve the desired result.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Looking at my pictures, do you think I can get away with non-invasive treatments to fix my loose skin?

A tummy tuck would provide you with the best result based upon the pictures.

Tummy Tuck

Hi, thanks so much for your pictures and for your inquiry. My honest opinion is that there is not a technique so far that would help you get rid of your extra skin but the Tummy tuck. A tummy tuck not only re-sects the sagging skin, also would repair your abdominal muscle wall, making it tighter and flatter, your waist will get slimmer and belly button will look younger and more attractive. The incision would be placed as low as possible so it could be easily hidden with your underwear or bikini. Please have an in person consultation so you can discuss thoroughly your concerns, options and expectations. Make sure that you and your Surgeon are on the same page. Good Luck in your PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. For patients who present with abdominal wall muscle laxity after pregnancy and/or weight gain/loss, there is no good noninvasive modality to improve their situation.  Although there are a lot of gimmicks that come and go, there is no good alternative to tummy tuck surgery to remove excess skin/adipose tissue and tighten abdominal wall muscles after pregnancy or weight loss. Be careful: if it sounds too good to be true, it is! Best wishes.

# tummy tuck options...

Hello missjun. Based on the photos you need skin excision. The best option is tummy tuck. A TT is a great operation for patients who have excess skin and loose abdominal tissue. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon and do your research! Best wishes. Dr. ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Full Tummy Tuck Candidate

Based on your photos you are a candidate for a full tummy tuck.  Since you already have a C section scar, it would be removed and replaced with another scar not much larger.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in person exam to evaluate your options.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD