Periareolar, vertical or anchor breast lift? No implants (Photo)

I was told that I would get good results with just a periareolar lift, is this true ? Or would a vertical lift be best ? Would auto augmentation make a big difference ?

Depends on your goals

Honestly, it really depends on your desired outcome. In general, a vertical lift works best without implants and just gives a better shape. But it also leaves more scars. I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss the best options for you. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Periareolar lift

It really depends on your goals. Generally speaking a periareolar uplift without breast implants would only offer a modest improvement. A vertical uplift would give a much better shape, but may not give enough fullness on the upper part of your breasts. If fullness at the top is important, you should seriously consider having breast implants together with your uplift. Auto augmentation is a term sometimes used to describe the repositioning of the lower breast tissue in a way that increases fullness, but it never provides the same results that you could obtain with an implant.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Periareolar, vertical or anchor breast lift? No implants

In general a periareolar works best when implants are placed. If this technique is used without implants there have been criticisms by plastic surgeons as to the shape that can be achieved in most cases. A vertical lift or an anchor with are much more likely to achieve superior fullness which is often desired in lifting techniques. Or skin is also removed in these two techniques resulting in a tighter skin.

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  In short, it depends on your surgical goals.  It even appears as though you could get away with implants alone based on the position of your nipples relative to your inframammary folds and your lack of upper pole fullness.  Understand though that this would not lift the breasts.  If you are considering a lift, I would suggest a full lift with implants if you are looking for a full, perky, more-youthful appearance.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Periareolar, vertical or anchor breast lift?

Thank you for your question and photos.  What is the best method for a breast lift?  That all depends upon what results you are hoping to have.  It is important to have a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Patients with loose stretchy skin may have more benefit with an anchor incision.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Vertical lift

I have never been a big fan of the results after just a periareolar lift, and would highly recommend the vertical. If doing just a mastopexy you have the benefit of avoiding an implant, but you might feel a little smaller because of the skin tightening. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "auto augmentation" but I personally do reposition lower breast tissue up higher in the breast to improve the overall shape. I have also used fat transfer and vertical mastopexy in patients who want to avoid both the implant, and loss of size with the mastopexy. You just have to have adequate donor sites for harvesting the fat with liposuction.

If you are not interested in and augmentation now (it is nice to avoid an implant if you don't need it), it absolutely could be done in the future if your breasts loose volume with age. As the years go by it is also possible to just retighten the skin a little to improve the "perkiness" if desired.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

I don't think that a periareolar lift or Benneli lift would do the job for you.  In that surgery, only a small elevation in nipple position is performed and tends to flatten out your breasts.
I do think that a vertical lift is the best surgery for you. It would reposition not only your nipple but your breast tissue as well.  I personally like doing auto-augmentation in women who want to avoid an implant but are looking for more upper pole fullness. 
Get a consultation with a plastic surgeon who's comfortable with all those options.  
Good luck.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

No Implants, no Benneli

Even with implants, you are not a good candidate for the periareolar/circumareolar/Benneli lift.  You'd do well with a vertical lift though. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast lift

I appreciate your question.
My partners tv show "botched" is about getting the right advice about plastic surgery and trying to avoid problems.
I would recommend a vertical lift to reposition the breast tissue further up on the chest wall. It also gives us a better chance to make the breast and areola more symmetric. 
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Peri-areolar lifts, by the mechanism that they are done , tend to cause loss of projections and a flattening of the breast, making it lose its cone shape. I think a lollipop incision is a better choice for shape and longevity with the shape and position of your breast.

Julio Garcia, MD