What is going on with my nostrils? please help (Photo)

my nostrils are in the first picture. my nostrils look very messed up after my alarplasty that was done more than 1 year ago. yes i realize im looking up but you can still literally stare straight inside the holes. there is way too much nostril showing. how can i get the type of nostrils ive shown in the next 3 photos? you can see how all of them have minimal nostril show and look very soft and gentle unlike mine what is my condition called and how do i get on the level of the ones i posted?

Displeasing nostrils in front view

For all Rhinoplasty patients, we attempt to restore or preserve the oval curve of the nostrils and the soft triangle where the roof of the nostrils take off from the center of the nose.   From time to time there can be an imbalance when reducing an overprojecting nose or wide tip. The exposed notched look can be addressed with cartilage grafts sandwiched in at the rim to restore the smooth curve. The approach is usually highly successful and is one is the most common secondary nasal procedures.  A critical eye is always needed when assessing our nasal work.  For that matter, one can see this same issue in celebrities whose apparent nice nasal surgery can be off balance when one notices a notch in the nostril roof or even at the floor of the nostril when the nostrils have been narrowed.  

Alar or Nostril Rim Retraction

Your alar rim retraction can be corrected with small cartilage grafts placed to lower the nostril margin. I need a profile view to determine if the columella (the strip between your nostrils) should also be raised a couple millimeters.

Please help with my nostrils (photo)

Compared to your desired result, your nostril rims appear elevated more than you want on both the right and left sides.  

There are several described techniques to diminish the "nostril show," so nostril rim is lower compared to columella (strip between nostrils) and base of nose.

In your situation, my preference would likely be an attempt to lower the nostril rim rather than raising your columella and lateral alar base, although these are both possible approaches.  Internal "V to Y plasty" and alar rim cartilage strut grafts (from ear) can be incorporated to accomplish this. 

Steve Laverson, MD

Nostrils

Thank you for the photos and the question and YES your ala show can be corrected.  So see some experts in your area.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Nostril help

I can certainly see what bothers you about your nose. Knowing the exact procedure that can be done to improve this issue would require an examination 

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD