Is it possible to make my nose small with closed rhinoplasty? (Photo)

Long nostrils, big narrow nose

Closed rhinoplasty is possible

You have a beautiful face and profile, and I think a smaller version of your nose would compliment your features very well.  A closed approach is definitely possible, but the best way to make this determination is with a consultation.  We will we be able to explain in detail the best type of rhinoplasty to achieve your desired results and you will have a chance to review examples of my patients who have had similar procedures in order to get an idea of my artistic approach to surgery.  We will also take your photo to create a simulated before/after image so you can have a virtual image of what to expect from surgery. 

Be sure you are comfortable with your surgeon, and good luck with your search.

Warmest regards,

Steven R. Cohen, MD, FACS

Closed rhinoplasty

your nose certainly can be made smaller with closed rhinoplasty.  I perform most of my rhinoplasties closed and the same goals San be achieve end either open or closed.  It really depends on what specific changes you want to accomplish.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Hi and thanks for your question. Yes it's certainly very possible to achieve the aesthetic results you wish. Your outcome is most dependent upon the choice of your plastic surgeon. Be certain to find a board certified plastic surgeon who is very experienced in all types of rhinoplasty both closed and open. That's my best advice after 30 plus years performing this procedure. Best of luck!

Richard Chaffoo,MD,FACS,FICS

Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Is it possible to make my nose small with closed rhinoplasty

Yes, it is possible to make the nose smaller with a closed  rhinoplasty by making all incisions on the inside of the nose.  The tip can be refined, the dorsal hump shaved down, the bridge line narrowed and the nose made smaller overall.  For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below  to our closed rhinoplasty photo Gallery

Rhinopasty

Based on your pictures, you would be an excellent candidate for a reductive rhinoplasty. I was trained in both open and closed techniques. Closed techniques generally work for simple hump reductions where you have much better control in tip shape and size with the open techniques. It is much more important to pick a surgeon who is very experienced in rhinoplasty and like their results and aesthetics.Best of luck to you .

Paul E. Chasan, MD
Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible to make my nose small with closed rhinoplasty?

The nasal areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with an artistically performed natural appearing rhinoplasty using a closed technique.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) who routinely uses a closed technique. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Making My Nose Small with Closed Rhinoplasty

Your nose can be made smaller and your tip refined with rhinoplasty surgery. Based on these  pictures a closed technique is probably appropriate but that decision would be made after viewing a full set of nasal pictures and certainly after an examination. As I've said many times over a lot of years, pick the surgeon, not the technique. 

Rhinoplasty: making the nose smaller

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to improve the shape of the nose for breathing or appearance.

Making the nose smaller is a frequent request. This can be achieved by a rhinoplasty procedure. A few important things to consider include: skin thickness and the proportions of the face. Thin-skin noses can get by with removal of bulky cartilage. Thick-skin noses need to add grafts to stretch the skin to create refinement. Getting the nose to match the proportions of the entire face is more important than just making it smaller.  

Be cautious with photos of other noses. Many times the model's head is tilted down and they look up at you. It's an appealing pose, but it hides the fact that you can often see directly into the nostrils of these upturned noses. I recommend a consultation to have your nose examined and photographed. I like to used 3D Computer simulation software to get on the same page as my patients regarding their goals. Then I can recommend a plan that is appropriate for your face to achieve a safe and happy result. Safety comes first

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and nasal tip deprojection.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD