Should I get a nose job when I'm older or will I possibly grow into my nose? (photo)

When to get a nose job?

Thank you for your question.  The nose is still growing up to around 17-18 years of age.  After this time it's safe to have rhinoplasty surgery. I'm also interested to know if someone is mature enough to make good choices and appreciate the risks before I offer them surgery. Best of luck.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello. Thank you so much for your question. Rhinoplasty should be performed to candidates who have already reached their growth potential. You should seek consultation with a board-certified surgeon who can better assess you and provide accurate options and results for your specific needs.Best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

The nose is a three-dimensional structure, so a full set of photographs are required of all angles to make a decision about what can and cannot  to be accomplished with the rhinoplasty procedure. Digital computer imaging perform in the office setting also be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose on your facial features. As long as your 18 years of age, it is possible to perform a rhinoplasty procedure, since the nose and facial structure has quit growing. For many before and after examples of rhinoplasty and more information, please see the  link and video below

Timing of rhinoplasty

The pictures suggest that you may benefit form overall lessening of dorsal height and tip projection.I generally consider rhinoplasty in girls as young as 15 and boys 17-18

J. Andrew Bartlett, MD, FRCS
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and clearly more information is needed.  So go on some complimentary consultations and be evaluated and see what is possible.
Dr. Corbin 

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Should I get a nose job when I'm older or will I possibly grow into my nose?

Growing into it is very unlikely. However, it is always best to wait until skeletal growth has stopped which is about 18 years for boys and 16 for girls.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can be performed when you are at an age of skeletal maturity, usually age 15-16.   If you are unhappy with your nose, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered when you have reached your full growth potential.

If you have finished growing, it is not likely that your nose may appear smaller with time. Your photo reveals a long nasal appearance and a droopy nasal tip. Consider consulting with several rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be best for you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

While it is always a possibility that your other facial features could fill out and make your nose more proportional, 16 is the minimum age for a male to be considered a candidate for rhinoplasty.  Assuming you have parental permission, there are minor things that may be done for a subtle, more balanced appearance.  I like to do 3D computer imaging for patients considering rhinoplasty so they can see what difference even a subtle change can make.  Rhinoplasty is a very complex procedure so be sure you do not make a hasty decision. At your age, I would not do anything drastic and if this is something that bothers you, I recommend that you and a parent/guardian see board certifed plastic surgeons to discuss your options and appropriate timing of surgery in more detail so you can make the choice that is right for you.  Best of luck!

Michael Brucker, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question.  Rhinoplasty can be performed when you are at an age of skeletal maturity, usually age 15-16.   Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a nasal tip de-projection to make your overall nose smaller and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD