Is my nose too big for my face or is it okay to not get surgery? (photos)

Rhinoplasty

The most important factor is how you feel about your nose.  If you don't like it, surgery is certainly an option.  If it doesn't bother you, then don't get surgery.  It's really your decision.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Big Nose

Without a full set of photographs, its difficult the see the whole picture. The nose does appear large and unrefined. This can be altered with a rhinoplasty. Consult with an expert to see what can be done to make you happy.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Nose too big or the chin too small?

A full set of facial photographs from all angles are required to make a determination about being a candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure or a chin implant procedure. From the very one limited photograph it appears that there's an overly projecting nose, and an under projecting chin. For more information and many before-and-after examples of rhinoplasty and chin implants combination, please see the link and the video below

Is My Nose Too Big for My Face?

In this one picture your nose does look large but only you can decide if you want surgery. Consult with a rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your goals and options so you can make an educated decision.

Is my nose too big for my face or is it okay to not get surgery?

Hello - Thanks for your question. Yes, your nose is a little big for your face and your chin is a little small. No, you don't have to change it if it doesn't bother you. Elective surgery is a choice, not a requirement. Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side. The fact is that rhinoplasty is permanent, so make your choice wisely and carefully. If in doubt, avoid surgery. Good luck, Dr. Shah 

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Is my nose too big for my face?

Thank you for your question.  Schedule a consultation with a reputable board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon in your area.  Your surgeon will be able to address your thoughts and concerns with a treatment plan.  Best wishes! 

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Too Big for Face

From the single view shown, it does appear that your nose is disproportionately too large for your other facial features. Your options may include reducing the size of the nose and/or providing some enhancement to the chin region. It is certainly ok to avoid any surgical procedure if these observations do not bother you. If they do, however, then you should consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who can help guide you in your decision-making process. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for big noses

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to change the shape of the nose. The goal is not about making a "nice looking" nose. It's better to look at the whole face and adjust the proportions of the nose to match the rest of the face.Key landmarks of the face include the chin and the forehead. A small chin and back-sloping forehead can make a moderately sized nose look bigger. I recommend seeking a consultation where a rhinoplasty expert can examine you and perform a photoanalysis to explain the unique features of your face. I like to use 3D simulation to demonstrate potential changes: rhinoplasty or chin augmentation. The imaging helps me get on the same page as my patient. Ultimately, it's a big decision and completely up to you. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon