Is this normal healing for a tummy tuck incision? (Photos)

I am 3 weeks post op, It seams my incision is nice and closed in some spots and opening up on others? What is the whitish looking stuff? I don't have a fever, so I don't think it's infected. Hopefully these photos will help describe what I'm trying to ask. Thank you!

Post op tummy tuck

It appears that your incision has separated a little. This should heal fine over the course of the next several weeks. Be patient. Scars take one to two years for complete healing to occur.

Scar Healing

Three weeks post #tummytuck is very early!  Your #scar will take up to a year to heal completely and will continue to flatten out and resolve in color over that time.

If you have concerns, please contact your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon.

Tummy tuck healing

Hi and thank you for your question.

We all hope for smooth uncomplicated healing with our tummy tucks but sometimes areas of greater tension can lead to delays in healing. I don't believe this is infected either but this is only based on what you are telling me and these small pictures. Your best guide on this journey is your plastic surgeon that did your procedure. Often times early on, wounds can look frightening but with time and care become very acceptable scars. I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon and find out how you can best care for your incision. I wish you a quick recovery and best of luck

Leilie Javan, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon