Is there such thing as a mons pubis reduction?

Genetically I store fat in my mons pubis and I've been so self catious about wearing bikinis, shorts, jeans etc. I'm not heavy set or anything. Is there such thing as a mons pubis reduction? If so does that need to be a local anesthesia or general and what's the average cost?

Mons Pubis Reduction

Excess fullness of the Pubic mound, or Mons Pubis, can be caused by weight gain, pregnancy or genetics. Excess weight or weight loss can lead to drooping or ptosis.  These can be treated by one or a combination of liposuction, excision and lifting.  This will provide a flatter more youthful appearance with less excess bulge and drooping in this area.  The region will look much better both in and out of clothing. These pubic treatments are frequently performed with abdominoplasty.

Mons Pubis Reduction

Hello & thank you for your question.A mons pubis reduction is a surgery performed under general anesthesia. There will be a scar bigger than a c-section scar which can be located beneath the bikini line. Liposuction can also be added on to help contour the pubis area. The best way to know if you are a candidate for this procedure is  to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps!

Lipo of Mons Pubis

The mons pubis can be reduced with lipo suction in most cases. Sometimes it is reduced during a yummy tuck procedure as well. Best wishes~Dr Poucher

Large Pubic Mons

Hello Slims from San Diego,Yes, there are procedures to reduce the size of the pubic mons. Some women are genetically predisposed to carry more fat in the pubic mons area. This is very bothersome to those who are otherwise normal in size. The best approach is an in-office liposculpture procedure performed under local anesthesia. You would be awake and back to usual activities within a week, and exercise within 3-4 weeks.   For a quote please contact Wendy, our Patient Care Coordinator, through the link below. There you may also view example Before and After Photos.Best of luck,   

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Mons pubis reduction is done with either a monsplasty or mons liposuction

The mons pubis can be reduced by liposuction alone if the area is relatively tight and the skin isn't loose or sagging. If there is significant looseness or sagging a mini tuck (monsplasty) of the area would be needed to give an aesthetic result. If you'd like a quote, send a photo. My contact info is on the link:

Mons pubis

An enlarged pubis from fat only can be resolved with liposuction.  If you also have descent of the pubic area, then you need the pubic skin elevated and the skin stabilized to the underlying muscle. I have published extensively on these procedures in the medical literature. Gary J. Alter, M.D.Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

Is there such thing as a mons pubis reduction

Absolutely. Sometimes liposuction is all that is needed to address this problem. In more severe problems, skin and fat can be cut away to reduce the excess.

Mons reduction

Yes indeed. The mons can be reduced by liposuction and can be performed while you're awake with only a local anesthetic. See link below for more information

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Mons pubis reduction

The mons pubis can be reduced with liposuction  techniques in most cases. This can easily be done under local anesthesia if this is the only procedure being done.   In some cases there is skin redundancy in the mons pubis which requires skin resection.  This can be done as an isolated procedure, however, it is most often done during a tummy tech procedure because there's typically additional skin laxity throughout the abdomen. Best wishes to you!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Mons reduction

That is a very insightful question!  When the mons is disproportionately large and full, sometimes due to weight gain/loss, following pregnancy, or simply because it's where you tend to accumulate fat, it can be reduced with liposuction on top of the pubic bone.  The most common situation in my practice where I encounter this is during a tummy tuck or body lift operation, where the mons is still puffy compared to the flattened abdomen.  Sometimes, when there is skin excess and sagging following weight gain and weight loss, reducing the area involves excising some of the hair-bearing skin tissue also.  And mons reduction is tremendously effective in getting you back to CONFIDENTLY wearing bikinis and shorts that are cut in a body-hugging fashion.  Best wishes for a terrific result!