Mommy makeover, lipo, BBL. Can anyone help with finding a good doctor in TJ, Mexico?

I bern researching on couple of docs but people's review most of them dont have before and after pics. I just want to find a good doc with a reasonable price. Also i want to see the doc in person before making this big decision but then it will take months to get an appointment for the procedures. Any tips on that?
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Traveling Out of the Country for a Mommy Makeover

This is a very good question. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measure.

Therefore, it may be in your best interest to not #travel out of the country for such procedures. Unless, you know the doctor or facility where the procedures take place well or have a previous experience with them, there is an increased chance of problems, #complications, or #emergencies which may lack the necessary attention as you would acquire easier within the United States. 

Mommy Makeover - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your excellent question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your mommy makeover. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in breast and body contouring procedures. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. You should go on several consultations and see who you like the best. Hope this helps.

Board certified

My best advice would be for you to find a board certified surgeon who will have the expertise and skill to deliver great results. Check out the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website. They have international listings. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Mommy make over

Dear patient,

I think you are on the right track wanting to see before and afters and meeting your doctor before the surgery.  One of the most important things when performing these types of surgeries is to be sure that the doctor you pick has the right expertise.  The time to recover from surgery is as important, so make sure that you allocate enough time for that.  Testimonials from other patients are also very important.  Best of luck, Dr Urzola

Victor Urzola, MD
Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

Treatment in Mexico

Thank you for your question.  With this extensive of a surgery please make sure that you are able to stay in Mexico for some time (even weeks) post-operatively to keep close to your surgeon.  Most important though is to work with a board certified plastic surgeon who is boarded through the American Society of Plastic Surgery and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.  

Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

I always recommended patients stay close to home when it comes to undergoing extensive surgery. Obviously, close follow up and management of complications are an important part of the management of patients. You will find alot of photographs on this website and on the attached website as well. Make your decisions carefully… Best wishes.

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for the question and my advice would be to on complimentary consultations with experts in the area, look at photos and compare fees.  I have treated too many patients who went to TJ to save money and needed my help after the fact

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Mommy makeover doctor in TJ, Mexico

Thank you for your question.  If you have amply considered the inherent risks with medical tourism, I would at least counsel you to find a board certified plastic surgeon in Mexico to have consultations with.  Your ultimate safety is paramount, so be sure to place enough time in finding the right doctor, not the most convenient or available one.  To this end I am attaching a link below to the ASPS website that should be able to help you find a doctor in Mexico.  Best wishes!

Mommy Make-over, Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, Breast Lift, Breast Augmentation

The cost of a Mommy Makeover varies from practice and location but the cost of not going to a licensed Facility and Surgeon just to save money can end up costing much more in the long run. Most important is to pick a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. It can be hard and confusing for consumers when a physician may tell you they are Board Certified. Make sure it is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery as many Physicians are certified but it is in another area such as Dermatology, Gynecology, ENT, or some other specialty that does not have the years of training and Certification in Plastic Surgery required to be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Rather than finding a non-certified surgeon that may give you better pricing it can be helpful to find a newer Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that has years of experience in training and surgery-required to become Board Certified in Plastic Surgery but is newer in practice. They have the latest up to date training and highest standards as currently set by the newest technology and are able to pass on to the consumer much better pricing. Newer highly trained Board Certified Plastic Surgeons often assist patients with special pricing to make sure the patients are getting the expertise and experience rather than cut corners. Check for special pricing here on RealSelf and make sure the surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and you may find the perfect Plastic Surgeon for you who is able to work with your budget without cutting corners! Look for free consultations and surgeons that can show you before and afters in their office as many patient's don't want their photos on the internet. 
Best of luck!!!

Mommy Makeover

In my practice all first time consultations are with me, I explain the procedure and answer any doubts or questions you might have. Price is important when looking for a surgeon but not as much as your safety, you need to find a Surgeon that is Certified first, then look into price. We are available for appointments Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. You can see some of my patients before and after pictures on my website. We are located here in Tijuana, just a few minutes from the San Ysidro border.

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon