How long is recovery after Brazilian Butt Lift?

Every patient is a little different and the recovery may take more time in some patients and less in others. What is important is to avoid any pressure on the buttocks for at least 2 weeks, so the blood supply to that area does not get affected, less blood supply to the buttocks means less fat survival, and less volume retention in the buttocks. In most of the patients, regular activities, like walking, driving, sitting, can be done 2 weeks after the surgery, for heavy activities like heavy exercise may take 4 weeks.

Hello Dear, thank you for your question.This question is very common in patients who come to my office and always leave very happy to know that they can enjoy the outdoor activities almost immediately after the procedure, provided caution procedures are followed to avoid injury of the newly transplanted fat cells.But it is important to remember that you should evaluate you with a board certifiedplastic surgeon.
Hope hear from you soon, best regards!

Ramon Morales, MD

Recovery after brazilian butt lift

Thank your for your question. Recovery after a BBL is pretty straight forward, there is a process of swelling and bruising that peaks at 3 days after surgery and then undergoes the first stage of major resolution in the first 2 weeks after surgery.  The later phase of healing takes place over the 2-3 months after surgery where everything really settles and softens.  It is after this time that we are getting close to the final result, though this varies patient to patient.  Patients can return to light activities almost immediately after surgery, normal activities 2 weeks after surgery, and vigorous exercise 4 weeks after surgery.

BBL Recovery

Thank you for your question. The Brazilian Butt Lift procedure generally has an easy recovery, depending on the extent of the liposuction performed to harvest the fat. Recovery from liposuction and brazilian buttock is usually 1-2 weeks.
Patients may experience bruising and tenderness in the areas where lipo was performed, with very little pain on the actual buttocks. Most patients are able to return to work one week after the procedure. It is best to resume strenuous activities such as exercise four to six weeks following surgery.Hope this helps,Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

Patients typically take two weeks off of work. Swelling on the abdomen takes several months to improve. The final results of the liposuction sites are seen after 6-9 months. My patients avoid sitting on their buttocks for 3-4 weeks. After one month, there are no restrictions.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I recommend that my patients take 1-2 weeks off work following the procedure and then refrain from sitting on their buttocks for 3-4 weeks following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Recovery from BBL

Most patients take one to two weeks off from work to recover from a fat transfer to the buttock. You should also avoid direct sitting on your buttock for at least two to four weeks post surgery. Consult with a plastic surgeon in person to determine if you are a good candidate for this type of surgery.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian butt lift can take up to 2 weeks before resuming usual activities.  One week without sitting on the butt.  Four weeks sitting on the boppy pillow. You have to give your body at least 12 weeks to start seeing results and final results can take 3-6 months depending the way your body heals. 

Best of luck!!!

Rami Ghurani, MD