How much and how long the recovery? (photos)

I'm 4months post op. Obviously my surgeon didn't give me a natural look. My breast are too close together ( kinda of OK with) and one is bigger and higher than the other (this bothers). I know women usually are not even. But I worry others could tell, and it makes me a little insecure. How much would it cost to make them even. My surgeon said I might have CC and might be covered. My concern is that it took me a long time to wake up from the anesthesia, and scared to go back under.

Revision breast surgery

It is unclear from your photos which is preop and which is postop. Also you are only 4 months out of surgery. It takes 8-12 months for the breasts to completely settle. You might like them better after a year. 

Thank you for your question. I understand the cause of your concern. The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result. Only your #BCPS can determine if you are experiencing #Capsular #contracture. I suggest you see your #BCPS and see one or two more for a second and third opinion. Best wishes to you!

Needs revision?

From the photos it is my opinion that a revision of your surgery would be necessary to improve your results. The diagnosis of capsular contracture can only be made in person. Usually, the best person to do your revision is your operating plastic surgeon. As far as fees go, there are many variables to consider. The location in the country, skill and demand for the surgeon, type of facility where it will be performed, as well as the type of anesthesia provider. Sometimes the cheapest option in this situation may not be the best. I would see another surgeon or two for other opinion.  Good luck with your revision. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Asymmetries after breast augmentation

I am sorry that you are having issues about your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

there are obvious asymmetries before your surgery, however I agree that the final result did not balance your breast differences. 
There are definitively possibilities for improvement.

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Concerned about 2nd operation

Hello, it sounds like your plastic surgeon is following you and is receptive to additional surgery to address your concerns.  They will be your best source of advice regarding treatment options and their cost.

Capsular

You either have CC or not.  Your surgeon should be able to tell you.  If it is just a matter of implant size adjustment, you will not necessarily have to have general anesthesia.
I would go and discuss you options with your surgeon.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

How much and how long the recovery?

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. If I were seeing you in consultation, the first order of business would be to determine the cause of your breast asymmetry. For example, if encapsulation is found to be present, treatment options would be discussed. Otherwise if both breasts are soft and no encapsulation is present, then I would ask which breast you prefer and what your personal goals would be.  Goal photographs may be very helpful during this communication process.

Cost of surgery will depend mainly on exactly what procedure is performed and (thereby) duration of surgery.

I hope this, the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Breast augmentation revision

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry that you're unhappy with your results.  From your pictures I can definitely see what your concerns are.  Without performing a physical exam it's difficult to tell if you have a capsular contracture or some other cause of the asymmetry.  

A revision may be partly covered by your initial surgeon, especially if you have a capsular contracture.  Removal and replacement of the implants may also be needed in order to get the more natural, symmetric look you want.  Costs for all of these are very variable and depend on the agreement you and your surgeon had before your initial surgery.

The good news is that the recovery from a revision is shorter and less painful than the recovery from the initial surgery.  Your muscle has already been lifted up and this tends to be the most painful aspect of the recovery.  

General anesthesia can be a scary thing, but it is incredibly safe and I don't think you should let that keep you from getting the final results that you deserve.

Good luck!
Dr. Seth