How long do you recommend wearing compression wear around my torso after having Coolsculpting done on my abdomen and flanks?

I had the large square applicator on my abdomen and two regular applicators on each side flank. I've been wearing compression tank tops for a little over three weeks. Should I keep wearing them?

Coolsculpting

Compression garments are not necessary to wear for post Coolsculpting procedures. You may continue wearing it only if it makes you feel more comfortable.

Coolsculpting/Sculpsure/Liposuction/Body Contouring/ High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.
You do not need compression after coolsculpting.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Compression garment after CoolSculpting

I do not routinely recommend wearing a compression garment.  If discomfort and swelling are particularly bothersome after CoolSculpting, I suggest bike short or a similar mild compression garment.  One of the great things about CoolSculpting versus liposuction, is that you do not need to change bandages or wear a compression garment for weeks after treatment. Most patients experience only minor discomfort during and after CoolSculpting, which usually requires no medications, or is relieved by Tylenol or ibuprofen if necessary.

Tina B. West, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Compression garments are not necessary to wear for post Coolsculpting procedures.  If the patient feels more comfortable with the compression garment they can absolutely wear them.  In my experience, they usually will stop after a few weeks.  Hope this helps.

Grant Stevens, MD

Compression wear and Coolsculpting

Compression wear is not an absolute necessity after Coolsculpting, but some recommend it. We like patients to wear tight fitting cloths like Spanx afterward because you just feel better with them on (less giggle). If the compression garments bother you, I wouldn't worry about it.Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Rejuvenation SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

​Compression is not recommended post CoolSculpting

Compression is not recommended post CoolSculpting, so you can feel free to discontinue your use of a compression garment. Your results are not dependent on anything you do, other than diet and exercise.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Compression Garments and CoolSculpting

Wearing compression garments does not enhance the results of CoolScultping, however some patients feel it gives them support and comfort during the first week since there is swelling and tenderness in the area. It is really up to you when you feel the need to stop wearing it. 

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment After CoolSculpting

A compression garment  is optional. Usually patients that get the abdomen treated feel more sensitive. You'll notice it may be discomforting to get up from a couch or a car.  If you feel like you do not need to wear the compression then you can stop.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Compression following cool sculpt

It is not proven to enhance results therefor I believe you can stop wearing the compression when you are comfortable with how you are feeling. However, some clients feel like it aides in the overall comfort following the treatments. You are safe to stop wearing compressions, but if you choose to continue it will not hurt you in  any way and should not effect the outcome. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. It can take 2-3 weeks for the swelling to subside. Wearing a compression garment is not mandatory, however, it can help with the swelling during this time. Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD