Very long asymmetrical face - chin or Cheek implant? Rhinoplasty? To make my chin look less pointy w/stronger jaw line. (photos)

Super self conscience about profile pictures, I have a very long face unhappy with the appearance of my chin, looks pointy/wrinkly from the front pictures aside from asymmetrical. On side pictures there is a bump on my nose and it appears my chin is not aligned with my lips/nose. Would a chin implant widen the pointy looking chin? I'm concerned a chin implant will make it look more pointer and give me a moon shaped face. Please help!

Chin implant and rhinoplasty

Thank you for the excellent photos. In your case, I would recommend both a rhinoplasty to reduce the slight nasal hump and placement of a chin implant. What makes you an excellent candidate for the chin implant is the lack of a deep fold below your lower lip. Chin implants come in all shaps and sizes and can be customized to your particular needs. For this reason, I prefer solid silicone chin implants. Good luck.

Chin Augmentation

The right style of chin implant will make your chin wider and not more pointy. Your chin is actually a little vertically long but only a sliding genioplasty can really shorten it as the chin comes forward. But a sliding genioplasty will make your chin more narrow and not wider as it comes forward. 

Suggestions for Long Asymmetrical Face

A rhinoplasty can be done to remove your slight hump and correct the hour-glass appearance which makes the mid-portion of your nose very narrow and is probably causing some nasal obstruction. Your asymmetrical weak chin can be improved with a chin/jowl implant which will improve jawline definition and proportions of the lower face. Cheek implants will also improve facial contours. Consult will someone who does all these procedures so you can make an educated decision about any changes.

Narrow chin

Your growth pattern for the lower jaw is 'narrow and 'steep'. You have to be cautious about chin implants since they do not add width to the back part of the jawline which is where the 'narrowness' starts to create the tapering. the result can be more narrowing when viewed in the mirror. To avoid that, add /augment slightly the 'back/angle of the jaw' to 'blend' the look along the entire jawline.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

The photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose with the dorsal hump, along with  a weak and recessive chin profile. When patients have a weak chin profile, the nose looks bigger than it really is due to facial balance and proportions that are out of alignment. Consider performing a rhinoplasty procedure to shave down the dorsal hump, decrease the projection of the nose and refine the nasal tip. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish these goals and making all  of the incisions on the inside of the nose. Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor,  so choose your specialist very wisely based on extensive experience. Consider placement of a chin implant to help with the side profile photographs. Chin implants are manufactured in a large array of sizes and shapes, and can be placed at the same time as the rhinoplasty procedure under general anesthesia, or as a standalone procedure under local anesthesia. In our practice, we have been using  Implantech silastic chin implants for over 25 years. Placement of the proper  chin implant will NOT make the chin look more pointy, since the implants have wings and give additional width as well as projection. For many before-and-after examples of this combination, diagrams of the implants themselves and our current price list, please see the video and the link below

Very long asymmetrical face - chin or Cheek implant? Rhinoplasty? To make my chin look less pointy w/stronger jaw line.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very flat in the front, the chin is weak, the nose has a dorsal hump with a nasal tip that is under rotated (makes the nose appear long).  These combine to create an elongated, oval shaped face.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

The back portion of your jaw line is a bit weak and can be augmented, without making your face appear masculine, using precise placement of a dermal filler (I prefer using Restylane Lyft).  Finally, a Closed Rhinoplasty can reduce the dorsal hump and refine the nasal tip (thin and slightly elevate the tip).

Hope this helps.