How long after breast augmentation until I can get a revision to increase the breast implant size?

I'm not satisfied with the size "D". With my body frame, I could be a "DD" and I would be happy. How long do I have to wait?

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you wait 6 months between procedures.  This will allow your body adequate time to recover and heal.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

There is no set rule, but I myself and many others like to wait 6 months, which allows the body time to heal properly after the initial surgery.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision.

I usually have my patients wait about six months, that way they can really think about whether they are sure they want to have them made bigger and just as important, how much bigger.  

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Size increase

Thank you for the question but I would ask my surgeon as all of us have a different policy and I do not want to say something that conflicts with his but I am certain he wants you to be happy with your result and will work with you to that end

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

How long to wait to switch to larger implants

Hi and thank you for the question. The ideal time will vary from person to person. The issue is how much of a change you are looking for and how tight your breasts are. Your breasts need to be able to stretch out and accommodate the added volume. This is something that can only be determined by a surgeon evaluating you in the office.  In terms of how much larger you should go in order to achieve your goal, consider finding a practice like ours that uses the Vectra 3-D imaging system. We can show you what an extra 100, 150, or 200 cc would look like on your frame. This way you are less likely to need an additional surgery if the next implants still don't make you happy. Good luck to you.

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

4-5 months

Allow at least 4 months for swelling and edema to resolve prior to revision and placing larger implants. Seek a consultation with breast revision expert in your area 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.You will find that there is no "standard" waiting time for revisionary breast surgery.  In my practice, I generally ask patients to wait at least 3 to 6 months before evaluating the long-term outcome of the procedure performed and then decide whether or not to increase breast size further. Best wishes.