How long is recovery after mommy makeover? (Photo)

Hello I has a mommy makeover Sep 7 2016 so I am 9 weeks post op, I has tummy tuck with muscle repair breast lift and breast augmentation, my question is how long does recovery take like (physically) I get tired quick and I just want to know if it's normal.

Mommy Makeover

Congratulations on your Mommy Makeover. Everything seems to be progressing well. You will always feel tired after such a surgery and it can take 3-6 months for everything to get back to "normal". You look to have an excellent result and things will continue to get easier over the coming weeks. Make sure to maintain a good diet and exercise postop though. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover recovery

This is an excellent question.  Most patients are able to return to work if they work outside the home after two weeks, however complete recovery from surgery takes months.  Many women feel the decrease in their energy level after surgery.  The good news is that it will gradually come back.  You can expect full recovery at six months.

Camille Cash, MD

Recovery after mommy makeover

Thank you for your question. After a mommy makover patients can return to light activities almost immediately after surgery, normal activities 2 weeks after surgery, and vigorous exercise 4 weeks after surgery.  We usually experience a slow steady improvement for 3 months or so after surgery. The best person to advice you is your specific surgeon who will be the most familiar with your healing process.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you for your question and your photo.

tiredness vary in every person so does recuperation, commonly it takes from 6-10 weeks to have all your energy back again. I recommend you to visit or contact your plastic surgeon and go over your concerns.

Best of luck and hope you feel better.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Low energy

Thank you for your question.  Most patients get their energy back by 6-8 weeks based on my experience.  This will vary slightly depending on multiple factors.  It could reflect de-conditioning, low blood count or hormonal imbalance (thyroid, Vit. D), etc.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Persistent fatigue after a mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Most women feel they have their energy back by six weeks after surgery.
  • If you are still tired and it isn't improving, let your surgeon know and also see your regular doctor for some tests.
  • You may have low thyroid levels or you may be anemia -
  • If you lost blood at surgery - or just from your regular menses - you can get anemia and surgery at times, will reveal an underlying thyroid condition.
  • Your regular doctor may want to do more testing than this, depending on your symptoms.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover Recovery

Well, it's really depends on how well you were prepared before the surgery, how big were ALL interventions together and what you did after Cx for fast recovery. In my personal experience most of my patients fell good by 6-8 weeks after similar surgeries, but it depends on many individual factors.I would recommend you a checkup with Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and corrections of your post op regimen if necessary. Good wishes and hopefully you will feel better soon. Respectfully, Dr. Andrey Shakhov 

Andrey Shakhov, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover recovery

Great question.  Recovery will vary from individual to individual.  The tummy tuck portion of the mommy makeover typically requires quite a bit of time to fully heal.  Most patients do not regain their full energy stamina until month 3-4 after surgery.

Good luck with the rest of your mommy makeover journey.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

MM

Thank you for the question and every surgeon has his protocol for return to activities speak to yours.  That said by now you should be increasing activity to get back to feeling stronger

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD