Lipo with fat graft/fat transfer to breasts. Should I bother? (photos)

Alternatively, I was thinking of a small BBL with any fat I have. I plan to get a breast lift w/ no implant (as well as a TT this March). I like my size, I dont want to go any larger in cup size, but I would like some upper pole fullness if I can get it. Its not super important.. Its more important that I dont get an implant. Would a fat graft be a good option for me, to just get upper pole w/out an increase in cup size? How much fat do you think would be needed in order to achieve that? I'm 5'1, 30yo, ~125lbs, 2 kids & done, non-smoker, workout 5 days a week.

Fat grafting with breast lift

Based on your photos, I feel like you might be disappointed in your final breast appearance if you don't do something to improve the upper pole fullness.  A breast lift will tighten the loose skin and improve the nipple positions, but you will likely still have a somewhat "scooped out" look in the upper breasts due to your small natural volume.  Since you are not interested in implants, adding fat to the upper breasts will be a great alternative way to increase the volume in that area, creating a more aesthetic and youthful shape for the breasts.  You might have enough fat for both the breasts and a future BBL, but I would prioritize the breasts as that area is relatively more fat deficient, and you already have a nice contour in the buttock area.  Best of luck!

Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover options

Thanks for the pics and question.  You appear to be an excellent candidate for BL & Lipoabdominoplasty. Given your slim frame, I would favor fat harvesting from your hips (iliac crests) and grafting to the superior poles.  I would hazard a guess that you have "dense" breasts so a mastopexy without implants would be consistent with your work-out lifestyle and desire to avoid implants.  Generally, I limit fat grafting to 100-150cc/breast, which in turn requires 300-450cc lipoaspirate to isolate.  This volume would be insignificant for a BBL.

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Fat Transfer after Mastopexy

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You do seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift. If you do not wish to have an implant, fat transfer is a good option. You can get about one cup size increase with fat transfer and a board certified plastic surgeon can position that fat according you desires, i.e. more fat in the upper pole region to balance. Your breast shape will change after your mastopexy, but you can then discuss your goals regarding fat transfer with your surgeon. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast lift with tummy tuck

Thank you for the questions and your photos. dont worry you have adequate fat for both BBL and fat fill for your breasts. But positioning will be difficult so you can go for Breast lift with fat fill and Tummy tuck in the first stage followed by BBL in the second stage in 6 months gap. As you need to lie on your back or the sides post BBL it will not be ideal to combine both procedures(BBL and breast lift). 

BBL or Fat Transfer to the breast? Which one to do?

Hi MissJun,Thanks for your question and photos. Great photos! Certainly help in assessing your needs. Based on your photos you certainly do NOT have enough fat for a BBL and Natural Breast Augmentation. The natural breast augmentation creates a one cup size difference to the entire breast and not necessarily to just the upper pole. It costs more than just a regular breast augmentation. Shaped implants can give natural results but they do not do well with lifts at the same time. Remember that most types of lifts decrease breast size but improve breast shape. I think that you could get about 1 liter of fat from the entire torso region which could add about 350-450 ccs of fat to your breast or butt. Pick the area that concerns you the most! You will be happier that way. Good Luck and congratulations on your upcoming surgery!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#mommymakeover #breastlift

Mommy Makeover with or without fat transfer

I think you will do very well with a breast lift and tummy tuck. If you are getting liposuction as part of the tummy tuck procedure to contour the flanks/hips then injecting that fat into the upper pole of the breasts could enhance the fullness there. However, I doubt it will make too much of a difference so may not be worth the extra cost. I think you will be very happy with your chosen lift and tummy tuck. As for the BBL, you don't appear to have enough fat to transfer to see any major result. Just having the tummy tuck will help accentuate your waist and thereby your backside will seem a bit more prominent. Best wishes with your surgery!

Breast lift

Thank you for the photos and question and you would definitely benefit from a breast lift with or without fat transfer to the breast and could do the abdominoplasty at the same time.  You do not appear to have enough fat to make a BBL with fat worth while.
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Fat transfer to breast and buttock

You likely don't have sufficient fat for a fat transfer to the breast or buttock. The fat transfer to the breast may give slight improvement in your upper pole fullness, but about half of the injected fat will atrophy therefore you may not see much difference in the shape. I agree the breast lift is the best approach in your case along with the tummy tuck. An implant is probably the easiest way to improve your shape but I understand you do not prefer implants. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person for a complete exam.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Fat transfer

A fat transfer will help with your upper pole fullness, but remember you will have less fat for the BBL.  Make sure to discuss this with your PS and she/he can give you an estimate of how much fat can be transferred.  Good luck!

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Breast fat grafting vs. breast implant surgery

I tell each and every patient that is interested in fat grafting to the breast that a breast implant is a far more reliable and cost-effective solution for breast augmentation than fat grafting.