Is a lift necessary? (photo)

I want to switch these saline implants to silicone. After nursing, the implants are very palpable. I've gone to a couple of consultations, and one surgeon says I need a Benelli lift with new implants, and the other says I should just increase the cc's. I currently have 475ccs, so I would need to go upto 600ccs (approx), to fill in some lose skin. In your opinion, is a lift necessary, or should I just increase the cc's?

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photo.  If you really want to have a perkier and more youthful look then a mastopexy (lift) and switch out to new implants is your best option.  I would not recommend going bigger because ultimately you will just end up with larger breasts in the same position as they are today. the cc amount really depends on what size you ultimately want to end up but your current size seems appropriate for you body type. Seek appointments with board certified plastic surgeons in your area that perform a lot of breast lifts.  Best of luck to you

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and your submitted photos.  Unfortunately without additional side view photos or an in person exam, a true determination cannot be made.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated.  During your consult you will be able to discuss your option s,  address your goals and concerns, then work together to create a surgical plan that will best help you achieve your overall desired look.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Breast Lift

Hello, thanks so much for your inquiry and your picture. Although just one picture is not enough to give you an accurate opinion, it seems that the best option would be to have a breast lift. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with or without Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Before you make your decision on procedure(s) size and shape of implants I would suggest that you meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon again and go over your concerns and what you hope to accomplish.  Your surgeon should be able to explain to you why they are recommending the size and procedure they are according to your current breast tissue, measurements including your chest width and your desired outcome.  Your Surgeon should be able to advise you thoroughly on your options. We have all our Breast Surgery patients not only utilize our 3D imaging so they can get a real visual on what the implants will look like on them but also to actually try on the different size implants with a tight bra and t-shirt to see what they might expect. That way they have a good visual of what a 450cc implant will do as opposed to a 350cc implant for example. You want to make sure that you see a surgeon that will listen to you and your goals for the procedure and discuss in detail their recommendation for size and shape not only taking into consideration your desired outcome but also your breast measurements before the procedure including your chest dimensions. And then let you try the implants that they feel will give you the desired result so you are in agreement with the size. Most important is to pick a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. It can be hard and confusing for consumers when a physician may tell you they are Board Certified. Make sure it is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery as many Physicians are certified but it is in another area such as Dermatology, Gynecology, ENT, or some other specialty that does not have the years of training and Certification in Plastic Surgery required to be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Rather than finding a non-certified surgeon that may give you better pricing it can be helpful to find a newer Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that has years of experience in training and surgery-required to become Board Certified in Plastic Surgery but is newer in practice. They have the latest up to date training and highest standards as currently set by the newest technology and are able to pass on to the consumer much better pricing for Breast Augmentation. The manufacturers of the breast implants encourage and assist the newer Certified Plastic Surgeons by giving them special pricing on implants which most will pass on to you, the consumer. Check for special pricing here on RealSelf and make sure the surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and you may find the perfect Plastic Surgeon for you who is able to work with your budget without cutting corners!

Breast Lift Needed?

From your photograph, your arms are raised so it is unclear on how much lift you may need. However, you do have some asymmetry and that will likely need a lift to improve that. Also, there is no way to predict how many CCs you might need to better "fill in some loose skin." Find a surgeon who you trust and follow their opinion. But, keep in mind that a large implant will never "lift" a breast.You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation. Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Revision Augmentation Mastopexy

Hello,Your breasts are asymmetric in size, shape, and sagginess.  Your nipple position is suboptimal with your arms lifted up to your shoulders.  Not only do you need a lift, a Benelli is inadequate to achieve what you really need: equalization in size, shape, and nipple position.You should be sure to consult with a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Lift versus larger implants

It is very difficult to make this decision based on one photo.  You need to be seen in person by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person to decide what is best for you. In general, if you are happy with the size but not with the shape/skin/sagginess/etc. you will need a lift and not larger implants.  If you want to have larger breasts, changing to larger implants may or may not address the concerns with your skin that you have.  Again, these decisions can only be made based on in person examination.

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Is a lift necessary?

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on a limited photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift?

I would advocate a breast lift to be done at the same time as your implant exchange in order to help improve your symmetry as well as due to the fact that you have sagged a little bit and it would be helpful to tighten you up now so you avoid future lift surgery.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Is a lift necessary?

It is not possible to give any advice on the need for a lift from a single photo with your arms raised (which lifts the breasts). The only reason to use larger implants would be in the case where you specifically want larger breasts.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD