My lower lids makes me look tired and I frequently get puffy/itchy eyelids, what is the best solution for this? (Photo)

I'm not big on surgery or fillers because I'm 22.

Go see an allergist first

I see what you're talking about but a lot of the puffiness and discomfort you're having sounds like it may be related to allergies. Go see an allergist before you even consider anything like surgery or fillers.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Puffy lower eyelids associated with itchiness

Before considering surgery to correct your lower eyelid puffiness, you should first find out if your puffiness is not caused by some type of allergy. Puffiness associated with itchiness may well be as a result of allergy.

Eric In Choe, MD

Puffy eyelids

Hello and thank you for your question. The puffiness/itchiness may be due to an allergic reaction. You should see your doctor for any possible allergies you may have. If the puffiness has been an occurring problem, you might want to consider a lower eyelid surgery that removes the excess fat to achieve that rejuvenated and youthful look that you desire. Please see an experienced board-certified surgeon who can help you with your specific goals. Best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Lower eyelid puffiness

If your lower eyelids are red and itchy, you may want to visit your doctor for allergy testing. If the puffiness is there all the time then you may want to consider lower blepharoplasty (surgery of the lower eyelid to remove excess fat deposit) from a board certified plastic surgeon. All the best!

Umeng David Thao, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Puffiness

Thank you for sharing your case and photo.  I'm not convinced that you need surgery to fix the problem.  I see a prominent fold underneath your eye which is completely normal for your age.  This is the orbicularis oculi muscle that helps to close the eye.  There is some puffiness below that, but I would need to see a photo of you looking straight at the camera to determine which treatment would be best for you.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified oculoplastic surgeon to begin the discussion together.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Puffy Lower eyelids

I would suggest a full evaluation.  It the puffiness comes and goes then it could be related to allergies which can be treated non-surgically.  If the fullness in the lower lid is constant then you may be a candidate for surgery to correct the problem.  i would suggest a full examination by an oculoplastic surgeon.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Puffy lower eyelids

Lower eyelid puffiness is caused by the extra fat deposit.  At your age, I would recommend transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty - removal of fat by an incision inside the lower eyelid.  This procedure will improve the contour and there is no visible scar.  Good luck.Best,Alex Kim, MD

Alex Kim, MD