What kind of treatment would I require? (Photos)

Ihve had braces previously but the Dr kept a small overbite because he said its better for my profile with my nose. However, when I bite my lower jaw recedes and my face looks very unbalanced. When I'm not biting my chin looks slightly receding. What should my treatment be to fix my issue?

Doctor Answers 1


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
you have a small jaw and orthodontic treatment should have prepared you for this surgery. I would undo what braces have done and have the Orthognathic surgery. 

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.