What kind of nose job do I need? And when do they take the bandages off? (Photo)

I want to get a tip plasty but i dont know if thats the right one, because i like my nose from side,(second photo) i like my nostrils, and the way it looks from my left side which is the one i use for some photos because it doesnt show my bulbous tip, i want it thinner but keeping my nostrils quite the same and my profile also if its possible, i dont want it to look too fale, just thinner. I dont like my nose from my front side and also when i smile. What do you suggest? Thanks for your support.

Rhinoplasty options

You could have just the tip done, but it looks like you need your nose shortened and narrowed as well.  Recovery is one week with bandages on.  You should go on n a few cases nulls with surgeons in your town known for their rhinoplasty work and get a few different opinions and options presented to you.  You're a pretty young lady and I think you would gets great result!

Rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish narrowing the bulbous tip, narrowing the bridge and shaving down the dorsal hump. The nose will still  widen when smiling due to the attachment of the  smile muscles to the base of the nose. The nostrils can be narrowed with an alar-plasty. A cast is applied across  the bridge of the nose for one week, and anticipate 2 weeks of visible bruising and swelling after the procedure

What kind of nose job do I need? And when do they take the bandages off?

Hi, you have a wide nasal tip that can be thiined and refined with a Tip-plasty instead of an entire Rhinoplasty.  We frequently perform Tip-plasties in less than an hour, no nasal packing and steri-strip surgical tape is applied to the nasal tip for 1 week.  Hope this helps.

I like my nose except for the bulbous tip...

The bulbous tip can be softened without changing the over all shape of the nose.  You'll need to meet with a Board Certified Facial Plastic surgeon that specializes in Rhinoplasty to discuss your goals and set a plan.

Michael R. Macdonald, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

What kind of nose job do I need?

Improving  and refining a bulbous tip to achieve an improved natural appearing cosmetic result is a frequent request of patients wanting nasal refinement. It is possible to improve the cosmetic appearance of the tip alone without altering the rest of the nose in some patients. Whether the optimal option in your particular situation would be a tip rhinoplasty alone or a full rhinoplasty would best be determined at a consultation. Either procedure can be performed with a closed or open approach.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Improvement of Nasal Tip

Every rhinoplasty is individualized. After viewing these pictures I feel it wold be reasonable to restrict the work o improving your wide bulbous tip. Consult with a rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your options and clarify your goals.

Tip Cosmetic Rhinoplasty

I would recommend you consult with a surgeon, like myself, who focuses a large part of their practice on cosmetic rhinoplasty surgery. From the photos provided, it looks like a tip cosmetic rhinoplasty is going to be your best choice - especially if you desire to maintain a similar profile look. I am happy to offer you our usual complimentary cosmetic consultation here in San Diego.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Value of Board Certification

I suggest that 1)you consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, treatment, care and skill available. A consultation provides you the opportunity to relay your concerns and desired outcome to the surgeon while the surgeon can assess your health profile and discuss his/her pertinent advice. I also suggest you should keep in mind that, 2) the nose is an individual characteristic. For many, the most attractive nose is one that is natural and proportional for the face.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty type

Each rhinoplasty is individualized depending on the patient. I understand that you would like to refine your current nose but keep some views the same. It is tough without an in person examination to be more specific than to say "I think what you are talking about is reasonable". Your consultation would require computer imaging to make sure you and the surgeon are on the same page. The bandages usually come off in a week.

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon