Juvederm or not to Juvederm? (photos)

I started with adequate sized lips,and always had compliments on lips (esp with lipstick and from guys)...Dec 19th and 21st I got a total of 1 syringe juvederm (a fourth, then 3 fourths)...I loved it while swollen ,but soon went away. 3 weeks later with new injector (dermatologist ) I got one more syringe. It is now (about 6 wks total) pretty much all gone. Am I supposed to get injected every 3 weeks? That's expensive and time consuming. What are my options?

Expectations after lip filler

The longevity of fillers can vary from person to person depending on location injected.  Generally, the effect on lips tends to subside more quickly than other areas of the face.  It is important to have a discussion about expectation prior to injectable treatments.  Treatment of the lips can be challenging since the swelling that is present at a bout a week often confuses patients about the expected end results.  It is possible that you will get a longer lasting results with a more volumizing filler like restylane lyft. 

New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm to Lips

If the juvederm isnt lasting I would try another filler such as lyft or voluma.  in some people certain fillers last longer than others. Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm

Immediately after the injection of Juvederm, the swelling creates the impression of a larger lip. Once the swelling goes, generally in about two weeks, what is left is the final result. It does appear that you achieved an increase in size, but to permanently reach the look of the early, swollen days you may need a little more filler. Then the result will last several months.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and the Lips

Juvederm is a fabulous product for the lips but some patients require more product or want larger lips. It still looks like there is product left. I would discuss your concerns with your physician during your next visit.  Best, Dr. Green