Looking to get Juvederm injected in my lips. I'm trying to decide if I should get Juvederm Ultra or Juvederm Ultra Plus?(photo)

I'm attaching pictures for you to see as well. I've never gotten my lips done before and would like to know the difference or which route I should take. I know Ultra Plus are bigger particles for a fuller look and lasts longer. Which do you think I should get? I'm also attaching some wish pictures as well.

Juvederm as a lip filler

There are great products for the lip enhancement and both Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus can be used. It is really more important how it is done and not as much what is injected. Seek experienced doctor.

As always, I recommend thorough assessment and consultation with experienced doctor prior to proceeding with any treatments.
Best regards and I hope this helps, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips and Juvederm

I would recommend Juvederm Ultra for you to have your lips done.  It is a great product and in the right hands will give you the results that you are looking for.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip augmentation with Juvederm?

I prefer the use of Juvederm Ultra but plus works equally well and may suit you better.  I would emphatically ask you to consider whether your really would be happy with the exaggerated look that you've shown as your goal photo.  To my eye it's quite extreme.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat --- Go Slow, Use Cannulas -- Reverse with Hyaluronidase If Unhappy

I
would start with just one syringe of Juvederm or Restylane. Injecting too much too soon can result
in over-full lips and side effects. Please see an expert to evaluate the best product for you.
Best, Dr. Emer

Juvederm

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on the look you are trying to achieve, I would go with Juvederm Ultra plus for your lips. Both Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus are great fillers for the lips. Juvederm Ultra plus is a thicker product and will help you achieve the fuller look you are aiming for. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Juvederm for lips

Usually I use Juvederm Ultra for the lips.  This is a filler which provides a nice, soft, volume enhancement for the lips.  I don't usually use Juvederm Ultra Plus in the lips for several reasons.  It is a thicker product and requires a larger needle to inject which increases the risk for bruising.  Also, it is more expensive than Juvederm Ultra.  In addition, since Ultra Plus is a thicker product, there is a higher risk that it might be more palpable in the lips compared to the thinner Ultra.   Please note that the filler which is specifically FDA-approved for the lips is Juvederm Ultra.   The other thing to be aware of is that the person who does your injections is more important than the actual brand of filler used.  A good injector can get good results with many different products.  An inexperienced or bad injector may get poor results no matter what product is used.  Regards,Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Which filler for lips

Hyaluronic acid fillers for lips can be a great solution for increase lip volume.  Juvederm ultraplus is a thicker product but not larger particles and generally doesn't provide more volume per se.   Ultraplus may have more longevity than ultra.   Restylane and Restylane lyft can also provide good volume.  It is best to let your physician choose what is best for your desired results.   Results are usually more dependent on the injector than the product.  Seek out an expert and have an open discussion about your desired results.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus

Hi Missjennylee,I really like Juvederm Ultra Plus for lips because of the combination of volume, natural feeling, and longevity. Restylane is a good one as well, but it is stiffer and therefore a very nice option in the vermillion. Usually in patients of your age, the vermillion is already nicely formed and the red volume is deficient. Therefore I think that Juvederm Ultra Plus is the way to go for you!Good luck to you!Michael M. Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Product for "wish lips"

Hello Missjennylee,Thank  you for your question and pictures they are quite helpful for us. Your assessment of Juvederm Ultra Plus is correct and I have to agree with the current posts that for what you desire Juvederm Ultra Plus will certainly help you to attain your goal nicely. Be well.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Lip Augmentation: filler selection

Lip augmentation is a procedure to change the appearance of the lips by improving volume and symmetry. This can be performed with hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane. Within each family of fillers there are different properties (viscosity and particle size). It's up to the doctor to evaluate your lip before selecting the filler appropriate for your lips.  The most important thing to do is staying conservative. Overfilling the lips will appear obvious and unnatural. It's safer to start conservatively and then add more later. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon