Had my implants removed after 2 weeks, 325cc. My doctor told me I could wear a regular bra but for me that seems very soon?

Under the muscle. 20 yrs Very active person. My major concern is that one of my breat is WAY smaller & higher than the other. Before my ba I was a full B, i sometimes fit C bras. Now my right boob is like an A and saggy. My left boob is really high up about 3-4 fingers higher and way smaller. Like it looks like I just have a nipple, i dont have a crease anymore like under my boob its completely flat. Its been 6 days since my removal . Could it be because I had a hematoma?

Implant removal and breast shape

Depending on how long implants were in place before removal, there can be severe changes in shape and size of breasts after removal. The weight of the implants and techniques used for placement can have an effect on this outcome. I usually recommend a sports bra after removal that is comfortable to wear. But you should check with your surgeon if you are concerned about hematoma or seroma formation.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry after breast implant removal…

Given your concerns regarding significant breast asymmetry after breast implant removal, you will be best off following up with your plastic surgeon who can rule out concerns such as seroma  or hematoma.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - Had my implants removed after 2 weeks

If your implants were only in for two weeks then you should, eventually, look more or less the way you did before your surgery.  If there is a significant discrepancy now then it's possible that you have a hematoma or other cause of swelling (like a seroma).  Either way, you'll need to see your own PS to be assessed in person and to make sure that you're healing well.

In general, I advise my patients who have had implants removed to maintain compression for at least 3-4 weeks to allow for the space (where the implants were) to collapse and adhere well enough.  For some patients this occurs early on; for others it takes longer.

At this early stage of your recovery you need to be taken care of by your own PS, so you should rely on his or her advice.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf500

Implant Removal and Bra

I recommend my patients wear a good sports bra for 4 to 6 weeks for support and to expedite healing.  Your best resource is your surgeon as he knows exactly what was done in your procedure.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Implants removed a week ago - ok to wear a bra now?

Thank you for your question about your breast implant removal.
  • It should be fine to wear a bra now -
  • If you are very active and it is comfortable, you can try a sports bra.
  • If the implants were removed and no lift was done, the breast shape will have changed.
  • It is hard to comment on the way they look without a photo -
  • You will probably get more information if you take all your questions to your surgeon at your post-operative visits.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

You can wear a regular bra now. You don't have an implant so it is fine. It is hard to say if you could get the flat fold from a hematoma. It typically does not cause what you describe to happen. Best thing is be open and communicate with your doctor. 

Richard J. Brown, MD