I have this white bump on my lip after Juvederm filler. Is this a scar tissue? What should I do to get rid of this? (Photo)

I got juvederm in my lips about a month ago and I'm not sure what's causing this bump on my bottom lip. All I know is that The needle was injected there numerous of times my last session. I already got hyaluronidase couple times to reverse it, but it's still didn't dissolve. Also I went and got another consultation from a different doctor and he said it might be a scar tissue. What could this be? And how can I fix this? Please help!

White bump after Juvederm Injection

Please consult a board certified dermatologist for examination.  I cannot tell from the photos if it is a scar, or product, or a cyst.  Best, Dr. Green

Possible cyst

I am so sorry that you've such unhappy results. This like it could maybe be a cyst. I would suggest that you see a dermatologist to evaluate. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Filler

The best person to help you is your treating physician. I suggest you see them in person or see another board certified surgeon or physician in your area. An in-person evaluation is needed to adequately evaluate your situation and options.

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

White lesion on the lip

I suggest you see a dermatologist.  It looks red around the white spot. I wold rule out some cyst or even a heretic lesion. Need a consult with a dermatologist 

White Spot on Lip After Fillers

I suggest  a formal consultation this could be the filler or could be milia/fordyce spots or even a cyst.  Best, Dr. Emer.

See a DERMATOLOGIST

This is one time that a good dermatologist (as opposed to any other type of aesthetic practitioner) will need to sort this out.  Clearly it is not a lump of Juvederm - the hyaluronidase would certainly have gotten rid of it.  It could be scar tissue, or a cyst.  Both could be treated with an injection of steroid.  I do believe that it will be able to be fixed !  

Karen S. Harkaway, MD
Moorestown Dermatologic Surgeon

White Lump Following Juvederm

Based on this photo, it does look a bit like a scar. Most likely an old one unrelated to your injections. Perhaps you had an old injury in this area that you forgot about but has since become more apparent since injecting the lips? Otherwise, I'd recommend being evaluated in person by a reputable provider.

Luis Soro, DO
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon