I had a Tummy tuck a in April, and am not happy with results, is this normal?

Had the surgery in April. Told Dr I would like to lose 10 lbs. He said not necessary to do before surgery so I went ahead. Now My stomach is not flat and I have some bowing and lumps near my belly button.Dr said it is just the way my stomach muscles are. If I knew it wouldnt be flat and smooth I would never have done it. I weight 130 and I am 5'7 .I think it will still be bowed if I lose weight.I have to wait til 6 month mark anyway if we decided to do a revision. Is this normal? so frustrated!

Tummy Tuck Results

Thanks for your inquiry and I am sorry you dissatisfied with your result.  It is normal procedure to have to wait 6 months for a revision, but without an in-person examination, it is hard to say whether weight loss will help your current situation.  I will say that oftentimes, it does help make the stomach flatter.  I hope this helps. 

Post op tummy tuck

can't really answer your question without seeing the before and after photos. You can still expect changes to occur in your appearance since you are only 3 months post op. 

Susan Kaweski, MD

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. It would be helpful if you are able to upload before and after photos. This will make the doctor opinions more helpful.

Tummy tuck results

Hello Jennifer.  Sorry to hear about your tummy tuck journey.  If possible please upload your before and after photos so we can see where you started and where you are currently at.  Doing so will help provide information about what can or should be done to further help you achieve the results that you desire.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD