I am post surgery 2 weeks and 3 days. I am concerned with the crease showing after my breast augmentation. (photos)

Refer to pictures below

Double bubble

You are very early from your surgery and you should give post op swelling a chance to resolve before any determination is made. If the line does not resolve in 8-12 months, then a revision would be warranted.

Double bubble?

It appears it may be a double bubble.  But you are very early and if it is from the soft tissues or compression from dressing etc...it will resolve with time.  If however it is a line from the prior breast fold being tethered, then surgery will be required to recontour 

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thankyou for sharing your breast augmentation photos. You have double bubble on the left. It is difficult to comment without seeing your preops and it is still early and things will continue to improve. I would keep in contact with your PS esp in relation to your support bra and massage.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Post Op #BreastAugmentation Results

From your photos, it appears that you have a double bubble where the breast crease impact the lower breast shape. It would be helpful to see pre-op photos to determine the cause. Some of early appearance breast issues will resolve, so be patient. However, if this is a double bubble you will need a revision procedure.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Double Bubble

Your implant is way too big for your breast dimensions, and has lifted up the inframammary fold significantly. There are a few ways to go at this point, depending on your examination.  This will not get better with time, and may get worse.  Unfortunately, you are a perfect example of how improper sizing, and/or ignoring biodimensional planning over aesthetic goals leads to trouble.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

I am post surgery 2 weeks and 3 days. I am concerned with the crease showing after my breast augmentation.

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I am post surgery 2 weeks and 3 days.

At this point you are very early in the post operative healing process. This may settle with time. Address your concerns with your surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Concerned about crease showing

You are showing early postoperative double bubble which will hopefully resolve as your swelling subsides and you inframammary fold pulls back down; hopefully you didn't have your fold undone and lowered which results in higher risk of this deformity permanently.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Inframammary crease

Congratulations on your augmentation peachyy! This can also be due to the natural inframammary crease being the first bubble and the new inframammary crease being the lower bubble. Often times, this is apparent soon after surgery because the breast "remembers" the old inframammary crease and this can resolve with time. Sometimes if the tissue is not released enough the memory of the tissue can remain and lead to this problem. It is important to maintain follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon and have an examination for accurate diagnosis and treatment. Best of luck, MMT

Early double bubble

Thank you for your question and pictures. This is a great example of a large breast implant on a small framed woman. The crease represents where the bottom of your breast used to be. This fold skin does not stretch as easily as other skin on your chest. I would not worry at this point. Your breasts will undergo a great number of changes over the next several months and there is a very good chance this crease will fade. Best of luck!