I would like to know if I should get a nose job or just a tip plasty? Which would be better for me? (Photo)

I've always been very self conscious of my nose and finally decided I want to get a nose job. How much does it normally cost? Also what is the recovery time? Thanks.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty

You would have to be seen in person to determine if a tip pasty or a full rhinoplasty would be better. Best of luck.

Perhaps neither - but if either, CLOSED rhinoplasty

Its hard to to tell from these photos but you don't seem to have a bad nose by any means. There is a chance you shouldn't do anything because anytime you touch the nose there is a risk.  But if these pictures are just misleading and you would indeed benefit from a rhinoplasty then, Scarless Rhinoplasty is absolutely the answer.   This is the approach all celebrities, models and actresses take because there is no external cuts or scarring.  The goal is to refine the nose, not drastically change the nose.  By doing subtle refinements we are able to finesse the sculpt the nose to match your face perfectly.  By doing this via a scarless (closed) approach, there are no external cuts ever on your nose.  This prevents the dreaded complication of external scarring at the base of the nose, which even if rare, if it occurs, is devastating.  Through a scarless approach you can accomplish almost everything needed to be done to the nose with no scarring, less healing time, less bruising, and less swelling.   

Do consult a board certified plastic surgeon who performscarless rhinoplasty as 100% of his/her surgical practice and do hundreds of these procedures a year.  

All the best!

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Rhinoplasty or tip only?

Hi and thanks for your question. Based on the limited photos you might be a candidate for a rhinoplasty confined to the tip. However, I would suggest you see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Please see the link below for further information. That's my best advice after decades performing rhinoplasty. Best of luck!

Richard Chaffoo,MD,FACS,FICS

Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

I would like to know if I should get a nose job or just a tip plasty? Which would be better for me?

It's rare in my experience that a full rhinoplasty won't provide better aesthetic balance than simply undergoing a tip plasty.  When you meet with a Bd Certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon you can discuss options and formulate the best plan for you.  Good luck and enjoy your results.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Cost Of Rhinoplasty/Recovery Time/Rhinoplasty Or Tip Plasty

The normal cost of nose job varies from state to state, city to city, and surgeon to surgeon. (I know this isn't a specific answer in terms of price, but it is an honest answer!) Recovery time also varies; however, you can expect to have a splint on your nose for approximately one week, give or take. In regard to your situation and whether you should have a tip plasty or a rhinoplasty, the answer depends on which part of your nose you dislike. The nose is made of of bone (approximately the upper half), and cartilage (the lower half). If only the tip bothers you, then yes, a tip plasty would be advised. If the shape/proportion of your full nose bothers you, then a full rhinoplasty would be recommended. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience in rhinoplasty surgery would be recommended, at which time you can voice your concerns, and he or she can help advise you as to the specific answers to your questions.

Rhinoplasty

Your nasal shape and tip appearance is due to a number of anatomical parts of your nose, including your septum, which is not part of your 'tip'. Based on future digital simulations of your photos (which would be performed in consultation with your prospective surgeon), it is likely you'll require a full rhinoplasty. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty can be custom tailored to whatever areas you feel you would like changed. Changing the tip will result in a more subtle change. If you feel like you would like the base of your nose narrowed or changes to your bridge, you may need more than just tip rhinoplasty. It is important to have an in-office examination of the external and internal components of your nose and airway to determine what is needed to have a safe, effective, and beautiful result. Costs to any surgery will vary depending on location, surgeon, and the amount of time in the operating room needed for the surgery. Recovery also depends on the extent of your surgery. Extensive bony and cartilage work usually requires at least one week of rest with internal and external splints and another week of significant swelling and residual bruising. Most people can return to more strenuous activities by four weeks but swelling can be persistent for up to 6 months to a year, particularly at the tip of the nose depending on your diet and activities. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Rhinoplasty vs Tip-Plasty

You can have just a tip-plasty but if you want the ideal result in terms of narrowing and defining your tip I suggest you have a full rhinoplasty so you maintain balance and proper proportions between the tip and bridge. Cost will depend on what you decide to do. Consult within experienced rhinoplasty specialist.