I have neck band issues but do not want a surgery with scars behind my ears. Is there any other way to handle this issue?(photo)

Non-invasive neck lift

Julienne, as others have noted, there are a variety of options out there available for you.  The best way to find out whether botox would work for you (other than seeing a professional in consultation), would be to look in the mirror and clench down on your teeth while smiling - if those bands become more prominent, then they are amenable to treating with botox.  I personally like the thermiRF, as it can also melt whatever little fat you have there while tightening the skin and muscle.  In my practice, we've had great success with it.  As much as I love operating, more and more of our patients who would have ordinarily gone for a mini lift are choosing thermiRF and loving their results.  Anyways, I hope this helps.  Best of luck.

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck tightening

Ultherapy would likely work great for you. This is a non-invasive ultrasound treatment that induces your skin to produce collagen and tighten, the results are amazing, and you are a perfect candidate. It is in my opinion one of the best ways to tighten skin in this area if surgery is not an option. Best, Dr. P 

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Neck bands

In our office if there is not loose skin present and just the bands are the complaint we will treat with Botox.

Neck bands

Botox is a good alternative for the temporary reduction of neck bands. You could also consider Vaser/Smartlipo procedure to reduce the skin laxity as well.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Non-invasive treatment for platysmal bands

may not be as effective as surgery and may require you to maintain them regularly. Botox can relax the plastyma muscle that forms these bands but only lasts 3-6 months. Ulthera can help tighten the skin to give you the lift effect you'd like. Other modalities may be present too, but the best way to evaluate your needs and answer your questions is to be seen by a board-certified Plastic Surgeon. I am happy to see you in my office and show you results of neck treatments I have performed, or my office can set up a Skype or FaceTime appointment. I hope this helps!

Dan Mills, MD

Neck Skin and Platysmal Bands -- VASER Hi Def Liposuction/ThermiRF, Venus Legacy/Thermage/Ultherapy, Botox/Dysport, Kybella

I suggest seeing an expert, botox and/or surgery work for this. there are non invasive alternatives.  Best, Dr. Emer.