I still have a lot of pain and feel pressure 2 years after having a 360 Lipo. Any suggestions?

360 as in (all around lower trunk). The pain is everywhere the lipo was done. My Doctor at the Lipo clinic tells me it will go away..... But it wont My Question is: What does a neurologist do to elevate pain? I don't like taking pain killers or any medicines. Is there something physical they do?

Liposuction – Chronic Pain Not Normal

Hi. Sorry for your pain. This is not usual after liposuction. You should not still be on painkillers. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction - chronic pain after two years

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am very sorry to hear of this outcome from your liposuction.
  • You should definitely be off pain killers as soon as possible -
  • You should see a neurologist because there are non-narcotic medicines for chronic pain
  • And you should see a physician specializing in pain - whose goal is to get you off narcotics.
  • And you should see a physical therapist - sometimes chronic pain is from muscle spasm that can be treated with stretches, exercises, massage, yoga and various other approaches.
  • Some pain clinics are simply narcotic dispensers and that is the last thing you want.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS