I still have a lot of pain and feel pressure 2 years after having a 360 Lipo. Any suggestions?
San Diego, CA
7 months ago
360 as in (all around lower trunk). The pain is everywhere the lipo was done. My Doctor at the Lipo clinic tells me it will go away..... But it wont My Question is: What does a neurologist do to elevate pain? I don't like taking pain killers or any medicines. Is there something physical they do?
Doctor Answers 2
Liposuction – Chronic Pain Not Normal
Sorry for your pain. This is not usual after liposuction. You should
not still be on painkillers. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer
Liposuction - chronic pain after two years
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- I am very sorry to hear of this outcome from your liposuction.
- You should definitely be off pain killers as soon as possible -
- You should see a neurologist because there are non-narcotic medicines for chronic pain
- And you should see a physician specializing in pain - whose goal is to get you off narcotics.
- And you should see a physical therapist - sometimes chronic pain is from muscle spasm that can be treated with stretches, exercises, massage, yoga and various other approaches.
- Some pain clinics are simply narcotic dispensers and that is the last thing you want.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.