I want to know how long will it take for laser hair removal superficial burns to heal? (Photos)

I had my last session out of 8 of laser hair removal on the 31st of August. The technician began and I felt disconfort. I let her know and she lowered the intensity of the machine. By the time she finished the 2nd arm, the first was covered in red bumps. The pain was unbearable and the doctor told me to buy a cream called "Dermatovate" which he instructed to apply 3 times a day. The marks turned from red to dark brown. They look like scabs but do not have a rough texture. Please help.

Laser Hair Removal -- Takes a series of treatments -- BLISTERS/BURNS WHAT TO DO?

These may take up to a year to heal and may not heal completely. I suggest seeking an expert for skincare/laser resurfacing. Best, Dr. Emer

Burns as a Complication of Laser Hair Removal

This is very unfortunate. It appears you have superficial burns as a complication of the laser hair procedure. This happens as a result of too much energy (heat) is taken up by the outermost layer of skin (the epidermis). It will likely take several months to a year to improve the appearance of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Consult immediately with a board-certified dermatologist or other expert. I suggest searching the online directory for a physician who is a member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Best of luck.

Elizabeth Damstetter, MD
Chicago Dermatologist