I live in San Diego, besides my q's below, what kind of price range can I expect for a TT, lipo & BL-no implants? (photos)

I'm done having kids & done breast feeding. Right now I'm stuffing myself into a 32D. Ideally I'd love to be B/C cup. Would I also need a reduction to get to that size, or will a lift alone accomplish that? Will I get any upper pole fullness w/ a lift? UP fullness is not important, I'm just curious. Also curious what type of lift I would need. Anchor, lollipop? I'm not concerned about scarring. Also curious if fat transfer could be a good idea for someone who does not want an implant.

Mommy Makeover - Cost?

Thank you for your question. It is worth having multiple consultations to evaluate cost variation among surgeons in your area. The cost for a mommy makeover commonly ranges from $12,000 - $18,000. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon based upon experience and the results he or she can deliver, not just on cost alone. Hope this helps and good luck with your procedure.

Cost for a MM

• Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

• 1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

• 2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Mommy makeover

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Based upon your description and the photos you are a very good candidate to have a full mastopexy, a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening, and possibly some small volume liposuction with fat grafting to the breast. 

The lift will not change the size dramatically and will not leave you with much upper pole volume. Fat grafting is a good way to direct soft tissue volume to targeted areas on the breast. This is helpful for small volumes. Larger volume increases are still best done with implants. Your photos do not look like a "D" cup. Rather, the excess skin makes it difficult to contain your breasts. A lift will help correct that issue. Based on the photos, I would prefer a full lift mastopexy. 

You should seek several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons before making a final decision.

As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure that any health care conditions you have are managed by your primary care doctor.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

I live in San Diego, besides my q's below, what kind of price range can I expect for a TT, lipo & BL-no implants?

Lots of questions so I will try to get them all in here for you. So cost can range all over the place for what you are describing from 10,000-15,000 and some may be more. It is dependent on the area you are in mostly. Do not let cost fool you. Just because a doc is more expensive does not mean they are better and just because one is on the cheaper side does not mean they stink. You have to do your work and research reputation once you choose a surgeon and move on if what you hear is not good. As you point out you will not get good upper pole volume with a lift only. You will need an implant for that. Whether or not you need the anchor pattern or lollipop depends on laxity of your tissue that can only be determine on exam in my hands. Fat transfer is not mainstay yet for the breast and I do not feel enough of the fat would live in one session to accomplish your goals. You would need several sessions to get the final result. about 60% of fat lives and the rest dies off. It is all about blood supply. The best shape for you seems like it would be an implant and lift but this is totally up to you. You can always have the lift and get implants later if you decide you want them. I think you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck and lipo always helps in trouble areas at the same time. 

Sincerely,

DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD

Mommy Makeover, Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, Breast lift/reduction, with or without implants, costs

You will get the best answer to your question by scheduling an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and discuss your unique situation and concerns. The surgeon would meet with you, examine you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure in person and what to realistically expect. Then you can make an informed decision on which procedure(s) to start with according to your desires, recovery time necessary, your history and current health. Surgery is very rewarding for our "Mommy Makeover" and all our patients.

The cost of a Mommy Makeover varies from practice and location but the cost of not going to a licensed Facility and Surgeon just to save money can end up costing much more in the long run. Most important is to pick a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. It can be hard and confusing for consumers when a physician may tell you they are Board Certified. Make sure it is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery as many Physicians are certified but it is in another area such as Dermatology, Gynecology, ENT, or some other specialty that does not have the years of training and Certification in Plastic Surgery required to be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Rather than finding a non-certified surgeon that may give you better pricing it can be helpful to find a newer Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that has years of experience in training and surgery-required to become Board Certified in Plastic Surgery but is newer in practice. They have the latest up to date training and highest standards as currently set by the newest technology and are able to pass on to the consumer much better pricing. Newer highly trained Board Certified Plastic Surgeons often assist patients with special pricing to make sure the patients are getting the expertise and experience rather than cut corners. Check for special pricing here on RealSelf and make sure the surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and you may find the perfect Plastic Surgeon for you who is able to work with your budget without cutting corners!

As far as the Breast Lifting/Reducing with or without implants,  your surgeon should be able to explain to you why they are recommending the size and procedure they are according to your current breast tissue, measurements including your chest width and your desired outcome. From your photos your nipple/areola is large and low so usually a full lift is necessary to achieve the desired look, either a vertical (lollipop) or anchor pattern lift would work best as the Benelli is not enough of a lift in your case. The lift with implants will give you a more youthful and fuller shape. Your Surgeon should be able to advise you thoroughly on your options.

We have all our Breast Surgery patients not only utilize our 3D imaging so they can get a real visual on what the implants will look like on them but also to actually try on the different size implants with a tight bra and t-shirt to see what they might expect. That way they have a good visual of what a 450cc implant will do as opposed to a 350cc implant for example. You want to make sure that you see a surgeon that will listen to you and your goals for the procedure and discuss in detail their recommendation for size and shape not only taking into consideration your desired outcome but also your breast measurements before the procedure including your chest dimensions. And then let you try the implants that they feel will give you the desired result so you are in agreement with the size.

Mommy makeover

You will not get much upper pole fullness with a breast lift alone. The type of lift likely will require a lollipop pattern, perhaps with a small horizontal component. This combined with a tummy tuck can be anywhere from 12000-15000 depending on the level of experience/skill of your plastic surgeon. Consult with a few before making your decision.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck w Lipo.

Thanks for your photos and question.  Photos like yours suggest that you don't appear to be a D cup however performing a full mastopexy (anchor lift) alone won't significantly reduce your size at all.  If you have excess fat and are undergoing liposuction it would make sense to use some of the fat to augment your upper breast regions conservatively since you will have less UP fullness as you heal and your skin relaxes. Without an implant and even with fat injection(s) you will lack projection and upper pole fullness but that becomes a personal choice since implants themselves have limitations and risks.

Best advice is to get examined and advised by one or more ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeons to get advice and good guidance in making your choices.  Mastopexy and tummy tuck should provide very nice benefits for someone with photos such as yours.

Prices will of course vary depending upon the nature of the procedure, the operative time and the variable of how much liposuction/fat injection you need.  Make your choices carefully and be certain that you are confident with your plastic surgeon based on your face to face meetings, reputation and a review of photos of other patients. Good luck and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Mommy makeover

Thanks for your question and photos.  It appears you would benefit from an anchor lift and tummy tuck based on the pictures.  To get a realistic idea of pricing, I suggest you meet with a reputable Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss options after a complete review of your medical history and a physical exam.  You want to find a surgeon that you feel comfortable with, as surgery is a big commitment.  I think you can get a really good result and get your pre-baby body back.  Good luck!

Jeffrey Umansky, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

TT, lipo & BL-no implants?

Following the advice from a surgeon or any other website who proposes to answer all of your excellent questions and  tell you exactly what to do and how to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

The length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination. Fees vary depending on the extent of the procedures, location of the surgical practice, and experience as well as the reputation of the surgeon.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift, tummy tuck, and lipo

Our mommy makeover's start at 10K. A consultation is necessary to provide definitive pricing. The abdominal examination may demonstrate for example a hernia that will require correction at the time of your breast aug.

Arian Mowlavi, MD